Aircraft Mechanic II
DRG Professional Services is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic for our partnering DoD contractor. This is a full time opportunity with a leading company who provides a wide range of rapid response support to the Department of Defense, all US military services and Foreign Military Service (FMS) customers. These support services range from basic manufacturing to technically advanced modifications of aviation, ground, missile and naval weapon systems.
Main responsibilities include troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting, and maintaining, aircraft structural, mechanical, avionic, and electrical systems. Additional duties will include integration and de-integration of research test equipment for flight testing purposes.
- Performs maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, and mechanical systems. Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and maintain structural, mechanical, and electrical elements of the aircraft.
- Integrate and de-integrate research test equipment on aircraft. Fabricate wiring harness and connectors.
- Utilize a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand, and mechanical tools to complete assigned maintenance tasks.
- Provide oversight and should have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- Perform Designated Inspector (DSI) duties.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) standards and established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks and maintain housekeeping in work areas.
- Follow tools control polices. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor Maintain personal tool inventory, inspect tools on a regular basis, and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day-to-day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor
- Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- Travel and deploy off site in support of projects and other tasks as defined by customer needs.
- The Aircraft Mechanic II may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs
- Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred
- Knowledgeable in the use of and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of electronic troubleshooting and diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- Knowledge of electronics and ability to read and interrupt aircraft electrical and avionics system wiring diagrams and logic flow diagrams
- Ability to solder and repair electronic circuits boards.
- Ability to fabricate wire harness and connectors
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other team members
- Must possess effective oral and technical writing communication skills
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc
- Ability to follow a process
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service, and follow-up
- Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions
- Must be able to communicate issues to management
- Ability to understand and follow corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Tactical Services, LLC goals
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred formal electronics training and FCC GROL certification
- Requires a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certification
- Preferred 5-10 years of experience maintaining KingAir, Falcon 20 and Gulfstream corporate jet aircraft
- Required to have personal aircraft mechanic hand tools and a roll around tool box
- Required to have tool boxes shadowed and inventoried
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport
- Will be required to deploy to CONUS and OCONUS sites in support of research program and projects
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Government\Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test
- Required to submit to Government mandated random drug testing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NASA flight physical
Job Status: Full Time