Aircraft NDT Aircraft Technician IV
This role is responsible for troubleshooting, completing repairing, modifying, and updating aircraft systems such as sheet metal, electrical, propellers, hydraulic and other systems as required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement:
- Troubleshoot, Repair, modify, and update aircraft systems.
- Utilize aircraft maintenance data and engineering data to perform functions
- Perform Non-Destructive (NDT) testing using eddy current (ET).
- Assist lower level technicians in the maintenance of aircraft.
- Clean equipment and facilities
- Rig aircraft flight controls, landing gear and other systems
- Operate aircraft systems; engine "run-up" and "trim engines".
- Complete work in hanger, ramp area, and remote locations
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic, AC and fuel systems
- Perform structural repairs as necessary
- May fill in for team lead in his absence.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and other technicians
- Commitment to company values and Ethics
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an environment that varies from office to shop-floor in hangars, remote locations, ramp and outdoors with potential adverse weather conditions and high noise levels.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with typical working hours of Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Hours and work shift may change in accordance with department and business needs. Non-Exempt employees may be required to work over 40 hours per week with approval from department manager. This position also requires OCONUS deployment at any given time.
Travel requirements are 25% - 50% OCONUS. A MUST!
Required Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Experience: 5 or more years as an aircraft technician Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge; Maintenance Tech Pub
- Required Certificates and Licenses
- Certified A&P License Non-Destructive (NDT) Certified, Level II
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Computer Skills: Corridor
- Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Employee must be a US citizen and not hold dual citizenship with another country.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.