Asset Improvement Leader
Asset Improvement Leader
DRG Professional Services has partnered with the leading vertically integrated mining and inorganic chemical business in the world and are looking for an Asset Improvement Leader.
Primary Location Hamilton, MS - Pigment Plant
Qualification 10 years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related science or engineering discipline preferred
Function Technology & Improvement
Reporting to Technology & Improvement Manager
Located in Northeast Mississippi the Hamilton facility is a short distance to the cities of Columbus, Amory, Aberdeen and West Point. Within an easy commute, you will find several world class attractions.
For music lovers, there is the Beale Street historic district, Graceland and Nashville.
Fantastic creole cuisine and music of New Orleans and the sparkling white beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are also just a short drive away.
Hamilton is in the heart of Southeastern Conference Sports, a premier location for college sporting events.
About the Role
This role is located at the company's Hamilton pigment plant, the company’s flagship operation and focus of a multi-million-dollar technical transformation project that will serve as the basis for updating all of the company's pigment operations. The ideal candidate will apply their talents, enthusiasm and expertise in developing strategic asset and reliability programs for the site including engineering policy, strategy, standards. As a leader within the local and global Technology and Improvement team, this role engages with some of the most influential minds and decision makers in the industry.
Everyone has different interests and goals, and a career path should adapt to your evolving ambitions. Through hard work, an ongoing commitment to success, and an attitude of collaboration and achievement, many of our employees have taken the opportunity to transfer departments, titles, responsibilities, and even locations during their time with us. After all, people do their best work when they are inspired and engaged. This role could be a launching pad for a vibrant career, filled with advancement - in Hamilton or one of our locations around the world.
Knowledge & Skills
Operational Change Management experience Essential
Meeting Facilitation Essential
Sound Understanding Business Processes Essential
Financial Acumen (Sound Financial judgment) Essential
Good interpersonal skills Essential
Leadership Competencies Essential
Application of Business Intelligence Platforms, ERP (PowerBI, SAP) Advantage
Experience in Chemical Manufacturing or Operations Environment Advantage
Analytical, facilitation and communication skills, self-driven, energetic and sustaining, critical thinking, performance driven and orientated, highly attentive to detail, adaptable/flexible to changing environment and work responsibility, perform under pressure, accurate and precise. Able to interact and communicate effectively with various levels of professionals from the shop floor to site leadership to executives, and with diverse cultures across the organization.
At this company, our employees are expected to apply an outward mindset, an approach we believe allows us to see beyond ourselves and be accountable for the whole. We work to provide safe, quality, low-cost tons of product for our customers and provide exceptional returns for our shareholders. We do this through applying the following values in all areas of our work:
- We have an uncompromising focus on operating safe, reliable and responsible facilities.
- We honor our responsibility to create value for our stakeholders.
- We treat others with respect, and act with personal and organizational integrity.
- We build our organization with talented people who make a positive difference and we invest in their success.
- We are adaptable, decisive and effective.
- We are trustworthy and reliable, and we build mutually rewarding relationships.
- We share accountability and have high expectations for ourselves and one another.
- We do the right work the right way in every aspect of our business.
- We celebrate the joy of working together to accomplish great things.
Job Responsibilities (Outputs)
- Assist Project group to deliver capital projects that ensure maintainability and asset integrity are embedded - assist in delivery of operational readiness requirements as part of project execution
- Provide input into the risk assessment processes to ensure programs/projects are adequately assessed and address insurability issues
- Ensure adequate provision of resources to engage in HAZOPs and risk assessments
- Provide technical support (internal/external) to Operations in response to plant and production requirements
Asset Integrity/Classified Plant:
- Oversee Life Cycle Costing analysis of plant assets to determine the optimum whole of life asset strategy
- Site based implementation and governance, strategy and improvement of the Tronox Asset Management System - develop program based 5 year plans for required plant improvements/modifications (e.g. infrastructure, Vessel Statutory Compliance)
- Develop program-based Life of Asset plans for all Sub Regional major assets (including Mechanical, Structural, Electrical Control Systems)
- Development of maintenance strategies and tactics to ensure optimized plant performance and cost to achieve business objectives - utilizing asset reliability processes and software tools such as the RAMs methodology and Availability Work Bench
- Development of the long-term Reliability Strategy (to include for example: RCM and FMEA) with input from Maintenance
Engineering Document Management:
- Management of site-specific engineering standards - coordinating signoff of all engineering changes (as appropriate); reviewing any design and operational changes to the plant to ensure that safety/plant operations will not be impacted
- Manage drawing office and drawing requirements as appropriate
Job Status: Full Time