Blood Bank Lab Coordinator, ASCP
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked health complex system and Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. With a brand new state-of-the-art bed tower opening this year, the hospital is expanding its Blood Bank Laboratory team.This is a full time, direct hire (Not travel or contract) opportunity that offers significant opportunity with career advancement. Description: Locally owned and operated, with more than 100 years of history and a firm focus on the future. Here, you will address the most complex cases with highly advanced care and the latest technology. You can participate in research and pioneering procedures that no other organization in the state offers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Level 1 Trauma Center Transfusion Services
- State-of-the-art Laboratory
- The Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Association of Blood Banks and the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunology
Responsibilities: Under general direction, oversees the operation of assigned laboratory area. May act as quality coordinator.
- Oversees testing, phlebotomy and PSRs in the assigned area.
- Ensures the assigned lab and draw stations are adequately staffed and functioning efficiently. .
- Ensures all testing within the section is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintains departmental records and logs.
- Sets up new methodologies and develops procedural protocols.
- Trains laboratory personnel in the use of instrumentation.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and supports the laboratory in meeting all regulatory accreditation standards including creating reports for management on data quality indicators.
- Ensures appropriate personnel is notified when there is a patient testing issue.
- Resolves problems as necessary.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with physicians and other healthcare staff.
- Performs client rounding.
- Graduate of Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Associate’s degree program.
- Bachelor’s program in Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS/MT/CLS), or other related Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Certified as a MT (ASCP), MLT (ASCP) or equivalent
- 4 years of experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of medical technology, theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and quality procedures.
- Ability to work under stress and to function in emergency situations.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to write procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Good computer knowledge essential.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.