Blood Bank Lab Scientist - ASCP
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked health complex system and Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. With a brand new state-of-the-art bed tower opening this year, the hospital is expanding its Blood Bank Laboratory team.
- Level 1 Trauma Center Transfusion Services
- State-of-the-art Laboratory
- The Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Association of Blood Banks and the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunology
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, performs routine standardized clinical diagnostic tests in a medical laboratory.
- Performs hematologic, chemical, microscopic, morphologic, immunologic and microbiologic patient testing in a prompt and reliable manner according to established hospital and departmental policies.
- May include working in the following Lab sections: Core Lab, Blood Bank, Microbiology, or Virology.
- Sets up new methodologies and develops procedural protocols.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and supports the hospital in meeting JCAHO and CAP accreditation standards.
- Special Requirement: Some positions may require approval in accordance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) guidelines for unescorted access to radioactive materials.]
- Graduate of Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Associate’s degree program.
- Bachelor’s program in Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS/MT/CLS), or other related Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Certified as a MT (ASCP), MLT (ASCP) or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of laboratory principles and techniques.
Knowledge of chemistry, hematology, microbiology, transfusion medicine (blood bank), and related laboratory specialties.
Skill in performing clinical laboratory work independently.
Ability to organize, analyze and evaluate tests in terms of laboratory controls and methods and in replicating analysis.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.