Business Development Account Executive
DRG has an immediate opportunities available in the aerospace industry, Sacramento market.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Business Development Account Executive is responsible for market analysis, strategy development, managing the execution of the strategy, and achieving bookings objectives for assigned accounts. The BDAE is also responsible for the management of capture and proposal activities including timely management gate reviews, process compliance and transition to the program execution team. The BDAE develops and promotes teaming decisions, and pricing and win strategies which support the strategic objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully identifies, promotes, forecasts, advances, and captures sales of company products in assigned territories or accounts.
- Works with management to develop realistic bookings targets to support a rolling forecast.
- Identifies, qualifies, and quantifies target opportunities; suggests pursuit strategies; contributes to overall business development strategy.
- Initiates customer contact and follow-up with targeted agencies and companies.
- Fosters continuous customer relationships with key industry and customer contacts inclusive of marketing, sales, executive, programmatic, representative and technical disciplines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of company capabilities and accurately articulates the value that our capabilities provide.
- Understands customers’ unique needs and business models to negotiate deals, contracts and close integrated opportunities.
- Supports accounts (new and existing) with timely responses to RFQs, RFPs, demonstrations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ensures the customer perspective is understood, currency of information is maintained, competitive environment is monitored, and, as required to support capture strategies, ensures that the information is clearly communicated to internal teams.
- Provides oversight of proposal activities for assigned capture efforts.
- Leads and coordinates with internal resources for shipping, ITAR-compliance, technical support and finance for BD opportunities or activities.
- Oversees, tracks, and is responsible for technical data export licensing activities required for business development activities.
- Provides specific inputs to department spending budgets and forecasts to support business development activities for assigned accounts.
- Provides weekly/monthly input to status briefings for corporate management review.
- Supports and represents company at trade shows as assigned.
- Maintains a detailed Outlook calendar of travel, meetings and events supporting BD activities.
- Conducts all business activities with the highest standards of ethics.
- Performs other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned on as needed basis.
Other Job Functions
- Experience with technical and proposal writing is a plus
- Time working in Defense Industry in either acquisition or operationally relevant position a plus
- Identifying pursuits and supporting capture activities by developing approaches for customer engagement that integrates products to visualize customer capabilities, capability gaps, and benefits solution(s)
- Seek opportunities to shape requirements for DoD services and agencies and Prime businesses. Responsible for building trusted relationships with key customers and associated influencers and supporting development/execution of customer engagement plans
- Provide vision, leadership and collaboration across Corporation to integration business unit and division capabilities for solutions that align with customer needs.
- Thought leader responsibility for educating leadership to identify, develop and win new business by influencing customer requirements and solution choices
- Sustain an ethical and professional environment, including a strong foundation of diversity and inclusion
- Possess the highest standards of leadership and integrity
- Provide guidance and collaborate with government relationships to develop, execute congressional strategies for major corporate pursuits
- Develop, manage and execute proposals with a varying level of complexity. Demonstrated experience with writing and managing proposal teams to provide compliant, winning proposals for DoD, international, and commercial contracts
- Proven ability to manage and cultivate industry partnerships (large and small businesses) to support overall system capability
- Support regular corporate business strategy reviews
- Other duties may be assigned
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Prior DoD experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of pioneering and executing win strategies.
- Demonstrated success and leadership of major campaigns/proposals from inception through delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic partners and key customer enablers.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- In depth knowledge of company products, strong research skills, strong analytical skills a must.
- Excellent influence and client management skills necessary.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance is required.
- Be familiar with DoD, commercial and international acquisition practices.
- Ability to work well in a team, and to excel as an individual contributor.
- 0-40% May be required to travel locally, domestically and internationally
Additional Desired Skills
- Masters degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of Contracts Management and Program Management preferably with experience in both.
- Time working for Department of Defense in either acquisition or operationally relevant position a plus.
- Knowledge of major defense or commercial accounts preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Engineering Management.
- Ten plus years product management, engineering and/or business development experience with at least two to three years of managing projects and budgets.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.