Business Intelligence Director
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. We are seeking a health care experienced leader to lead the Business Intelligence team head the upcoming Epic Implementation.
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: Significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Description: Responsible for the overall success, planning, organization and implementation of the hospital's Business Intelligence function. Oversees the design, implementation, continuous optimization and support of business intelligence applications and processes including the Epic Cogito suite of modules and Tableau. Responsible for developing and optimizing innovative self-service analytics capabilities solutions, informative and actionable clinical, access and revenue cycle reporting, and robust KPI dashboards. Responsible for developing and supervising business intelligence analysis and developers towards continuous clinical, financial and operational improvement in a customer-oriented manner. Works across multiple operational and technical groups, educates technical and non-technical stakeholders, manages stakeholder expectations with clear, concise, and frequent communication, develops stakeholder relationships and establishes department priorities.
- Supervises analysts, developers, and engineers of the business intelligence team.
- Sits on the leadership team for Data and Analytics (DnA).
- Oversees the optimization of the following areas: Business Intelligence/EPIC Cogito Analytics Ecosystem Configuration, Data Warehouse Integration, Dashboard Creation and Data Visualization.
- Leads and defines all phases of the Business Intelligence development life cycle.
- Formulates and drives the Business Intelligence strategy including robust self-service analytics capabilities.
- Fosters strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Delivers customer-oriented service to all stakeholders and emphasizes the same behavior from the team.
- Develops and optimizes data governance processes to ensure data integrity, information optimization, and performance of self-service analytics.
- Influences and consults with multiple business groups in defining their business strategy, engineering their processes and change management to implement data driven solutions.
- Manages change management for Business Intelligence and Epic platform and solutions, Access rights to environments/products & services.
- Drives quality in the Business Intelligence functions, set conventions, promote reusability, drive enhanced data visualization skills and techniques across the teams, and upskill teams to new technologies. Shares best practices in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization across the care continuum.
- Drives stakeholder data literacy around the Epic Cogito suite- what analytical solutions are available, how to access it - proactively develop and drive solutions programs and materials. Network with organizational leaders on how to drive increased awareness and get the most out of DnA’s analytical solutions.
- Assists with championing, designing, and leading the delivery of timely, high quality data and analytics for the enterprise while serving to increase organizational data literacy and enterprise analytics capabilities. This highly collaborative role coordinates data governance enabling the delivery of certified data, definitions and analytics solutions, standards, and best practices across the enterprise and in support of department-level analytics.
- Acts as a thought leader on how to use analytics to further patient care or impact the care continuum in a positive manner.
- Coordinates with the training, application, and technical teams to ensure end-user access and adoption of analytics tools.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree (e.g. MBA, MHA, MPH, or MS) preferred
Required Certifications: Epic Cogito Project Manager certification required within the first 120 days of employment.
- Epic experience required.
- 5 or more years of professional work experience including a least 4 years of experience in Healthcare Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science in a lead role required.
- Five years of experience as a lead or managerial experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases experience and Microsoft SQL Server including SSIS and SSAS
- Experience with cloud based data warehouses and ELT technologies (e.g Azure, Snowflake, Fivetran, Matillion, Immuta, Collibra, etc.).
- Familiarity with the Epic electronic health record
- Familiarity with cost accounting systems (e.g. Strata, Sentellis, etc.)
- Deep understanding in the design, development and utilization of Epic Cogito including Clarity, Caboodle, Reporting Workbench, Radar Dashboards, Metrics, and Slicer/Dicer
- An understanding of health care, underlying markets and key market drivers, and trends including digitalization in healthcare and the value of analytics in acting on disruption and market trends.
- Effective hands-on experience directly managing business intelligence teams and driving change within a large complex organization.
- Effective experience in building and leading analytic best practices and evangelizing the value of analytics across the organization to diverse audiences.
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills, consensus building skills, and ability to establish effective working relationships in a matrix environment.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and make decisions that meet health systems objectives, in a collaborative patient first culture.
- Experience using Tableau or other reporting tools for data visualization or analysis. Tableau experience preferred.
- Experience using analytical programming languages (SQL/Python/R and etc.). SQL is required and Python is preferred.
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, data science and analytical infrastructure.
- Familiar with hospital operations.
- Working knowledge in various hospital data domains
- Ability to gather rapport from management as part of the implementation of the operational analytics tool.
- Self-starter, project management, data evangelist, data analytics experience and team player.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.