Business Process Project Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Business Process Project Manager develops, plans, and implements business process improvements which enable improved business efficiency and productivity. Working collaboratively with various Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), responsibilities include defining process requirements, identifying and selecting capable COTS solutions, establishing implementation plans, and driving successful implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze business processes and develop process improvement recommendations.
- Perform ROI and other financial analyses to build business cases to support strategic and operation decision making.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks, and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, summarize from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Prototype solutions and manage expectation by proactive communication and collaboration with internal customers.
- Act as leader and liaison among Finance, Production Operations, Program Management, Engineering and IT.
- Recommend and implement systems/enhancements to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase overall velocity while taking advantage of best business practices and maintaining sound internal controls.
- Perform all Sr. Project Manager functions
- Perform research, assessment, and evaluation of software systems and new technologies
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Other duties may be assigned
Sr. Project Management roles include the following responsibilities:
- Plan for resources needed, coordinate project staffing with Supervisors and manage team performance to meet deadlines.
- Work with team members to ensure all required testing is performed and properly documented.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with Aero Space and Defense business process transformation through serving at a Senior Project Manager level of responsibility implementing a full scale business transformation initiative.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, supervisors and management
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, & interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills, including change management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Manufacturing and Engineering business processes
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Working knowledge of SOX, ISO, IT Security, and Change Management controls.
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to achievement of team goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 5 + years of experience in a Senior Project Manager capacity managing business process improvements including; system(s) implementations, conversions and/or upgrades.
- Precursory experience in business systems analytics.
- Aerospace and defense experience in identifying and implementing full scale enterprise business process transformations.
- Experience with Aerospace and Defense; Financial, Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management and Development processes and supporting ERP systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- 5-10% May be required between locations