Clinic Nurse - LPN
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's nationally recognized allergy and asthma clinic. The clinic is one of the oldest, largest and most respected allergy, asthma and immunology centers in the United States. We are seeking talented RN's and LPN's to join their growing team! We are seeking exceptional patient focused nurses to their team who will provide personal and compassionate care to their patients. This includes; Pulmonary tests, Skin tests, Allergy, Asthma treatments.
Named as a top workplace, received a business ethics away from the Better Business Bureau, and received several top Allergists awards in 2020. This established, fast-paced specialty clinic offers a great family environment and work / life balance!
- DAY SHIFT / NO WEEKENDS
- HOURS: Monday - Thursday; 7:30-8:00 to 4:30 - 5:30 Mon. - Thurs. and 8:00 - 12:00 on Friday’s.
Job Summary: The Float/Staff Nurse, under the direction of the Supervising Physician/Nurse Supervisor, assists all clinic physicians and nurses in the nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational and departmental procedures.
- To assist in the delivery of Nursing care for the patients of the Clinic
- Maintain an effective, collaborative partnership with all Nursing staff
- Welcome patients professionally with all necessary charts and forms and escort them to the appropriate room
- Obtain and record patient vital signs, review medications and drug allergies, confirm preferred pharmacy, direct patient preparation for history taking, inform physician/physician nurse when patient is ready to be seen
- E-scribe prescriptions to pharmacy, complete prior authorizations, follow protocol for Xolair acceptance, ability to handle patient phone calls to include secure messaging
- Become knowledgeable of all physician routines in clinic
- Work at satellite locations becoming familiar with each satellite operation, this includes being able to check patients in for their appointments, taking payments, giving injections and vaccines, and assisting doctor nurses as needed
- Ensure patient rooms are organized and disinfected daily and documented on appropriate worksheets in accordance with OSHA guidelines
- Prepare sharps containers for safe disposal as necessary
- Assist with training of new Nursing Department staff
- Recognize signs and symptoms of possible patient anaphylactic reactions and report immediately to physician
- Updates OSHA training on an annual basis
- Updates CPR training on at least a biannual basis
- Perform patient education regarding asthma and/or allergy medications, immunotherapy and treatment plan
- Ensure all medications are administered correctly, using the 7 Rights of Medication Administration, and monitor the patient’s response to medication. Notify Physician/Physician nurse if a patient experiences any unexpected response to medication and document follow-up as required
- Demonstrate ability to obtain requested lab specimens using correct procedure and equipment while maintaining patient safety
- Demonstrates a positive customer service attitude/behavior in accordance to Clinic core values
- Establishes, maintains and improves strong positive relationships with the medical staff, the public, other clinic departments and associates
- Attends workshops, seminars necessary for educational growth
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing
- Attends quarterly or as otherwise needed, nurses training meetings
- Completes all other duties as assigned
Position Requirements:Licenses or Certifications:
- Current licensure or certification with the state
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and CPR programs for Healthcare Providers
- Certification of graduation from an accredited Nursing program
- Prefer at least one year experience in a Clinic or Hospital setting
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills, nursing skills per competency checklist
- OSHA and HIPPA training required
- Problem-solving skills: The ability to work in conjunction with all departments of the Oklahoma Allergy & Asthma Clinic, to ensure quality patient care and safety. The ability to recognize emergent needs of patients’, take appropriate action including notification of the Nurse and/or Physician. The ability to maintain flexibility with frequent changes in patient schedules.
- Interpersonal skills: The ability to be professional, pleasant, and maintain good working relationships within assigned work spaces and all other departments in the clinic.
- Written Skills: To demonstrate ability to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in all documentation.
- Oral Skills: The ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and Physicians/Providers.
- Technical Skills: The ability to use standard office equipment required to perform daily job duties.
- Other Skills: Practice excellent patient care and teamwork skills with a positive attitude creating an environment conducive to positive patient outcomes.
- Confidentiality: The ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HIPPA standards to ensure the security and privacy of Protected Health Information.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.