Commercial Banker III
relationships for which to market products and services to meet current and future needs of clients. Demonstrates critical thinking, time management, and the ability to prioritize client’s needs and customer service. The incumbent maintains an effective
working relationship and open communication with clients to enhance knowledge of business condition opportunities and potential risks. The incumbent utilizes the bank’s available assets to maximize the generation of revenue, profits, deposits, and plus other cross-selling opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manage large size secured or asset based credit loans, working capital lines of credit, and treasury opportunities that are extensive and complex. Focus in prospecting larger opportunities with manufacturers, distributors, large scale real estate transactions, and business involved in international trade. Prospecting new businesses in accordance with company policies and procedures and achieve growth goals.
2. Develop commercial relationships for which to market the bank's products and services to meet current and future needs of clients in accordance with the CFB4 process.
3. Maintain an effective working relationship and open communication with clients to enhance knowledge of business condition opportunities and potential risks.
4. Build internal relationships with other departments such as Treasury Management, International Banking, Wealth Management and Equipment Finance to enhance the overall banking relationship ensuring the client’s business objectives are met.
5. Perform ongoing review of portfolio for appropriate customer alignment and focus based on opportunities and market data.
6. Cultivate prospects through client referrals, networking, social media, sales calls and participation in professional organizations, social contacts and relationships built in the community.
7. Analyze current financial information on existing loans for the purpose of conducting periodic reviews to determine the ongoing credit worthiness of clients.
8. Consult with clients and prospective clients to make sound financial recommendations for qualifying services.
9. Work within underwriting authority and exercise appropriate discretion daily to analyze loan prospects.
10.Actively participate in civic and public relations activities that provides new business for the bank and further development of relationships with existing customers.
11.Maintain knowledge and adherence to all federal and state regulations and Loan Policy and Procedures.
12.Respond to and resolve client complaints and/or questions.
13.Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank’s BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls;
report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
* Cross-sell other services of the bank.
* Support and uphold the company's mission statement.
* Uphold the company's code of ethics and safeguard confidential information.
* Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
* Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank’s overall operation.
* Promote professionalism at all times.
May directly supervise 1 or more associates as assigned by the Manager. Carries outsupervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Ensure direct reports have completed required compliance training and are
adhering to all internal procedures and controls as it relates to bank policy, laws, regulations and the BSA/AML Program. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. The incumbent has the
authority and the appropriate influence to make recommendations regarding hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other associates within theguidelines of the bank’s procedures and guidelines for such change of status events. The incumbent provides training, planning, assigning, and directing work assignments and
schedules; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, orrelated field or equivalent related experience required.
* 7 years previous lending related experience with emphasis in evaluation and/ororigination of complex credits required.
* Completion of Commercial Lending School within first 24 months in position required.
* Completion of CFB4 training within first 6 months required.
* Proven ability to build full banking relationships required.
* Current NMLS SAFE Act Registration or the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
* Commercial Lending School, Omega Cash Flow analysis courses, or pursuing an advanced degree preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
* Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence, or communication style
* Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence, or communication style
* Must be able to perform several tasks at once
* Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
* Must be able to rotate job tasks
* Must be able to greet others cordially
* Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
* Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
* Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and fax machines
* Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours
* Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attending meetings
* Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules, and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, see, speak, and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The associate must be able to travel occasionally by themselves within the U.S., including overnight, and via automobile and air.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.