Configuration Data Manager
- Responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining configuration and data management policies and procedures across multiple teams and projects.
- Assures adherence to company and customer baseline requirements throughout hardware and software lifecycles.
- Maintains version control and traceability of all manufacturing documents, engineering specifications, technical documents and quality records.
- Facilitates Configuration Control Boards (CCB) and Engineering Review Boards (ERB).
- Ensures proper and timely submissions of Engineering Change Requests (ECRs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Notification of Revisions (NORs).
- Maintains configuration control databases and provides status accounting of engineering changes to IPTs and program management.
- Performs ‘As-Designed/As-Built’ reconciliation.
- Establishes baseline identification of products through release of specifications, drawings, and requirements flow-down.
- Submits contract data requirements and other transmittals to government customer.
- Supports the development of managerial, financial and technical proposal volumes.
- Summarizes and communicates contract requirements/amendments to program management and IPTs (including FARs / DFARs).
- Assists supply chain management with the development and maintenance of vendor subcontracts and flow-downs of Configuration and Data Management requirements.
- Provides periodic reporting of key performance indicators for configuration and data management processes to executive management.
- Coaches and counsels employees to ensure performance expectations are met and to promote effective communication. Consults with management on disciplinary actions, performance issues, and staffing requirements. Writes and communicates performance appraisals with subordinates.
- Ensures department personnel follow safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Detailed understanding and application of technical documentation and engineering change proposal processes and practices.
- Knowledge of configuration and data management practices.
- Ability to analyze product definition configuration data and select, define, and plan incorporation of configuration changes.
- Ability to verify that configuration documentation is compliant with applicable requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 8 years directly related experience, including managing direct reports.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.