Contracts Adminstrator III
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Contracts Administrator administers prime and sub-tier domestic and international government and commercial contracts and develops internal systems that ensure contractual compliance with applicable contract rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Contracts Administrators. Each higher level of Contract Administrator has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Responsible for proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Submits offers and contractually commits the company within the extent of delegated authority.
- Ensures current and historical records are created and retained properly and maintains current contracts, files and records. Controls formal correspondence with customers.
- Monitors contract performance and ensures compliance with contract terms, special provisions, warranties, deliverables and funding requirements.
- Reviews award and modification documents to confirm accuracy of content, identify risks, and inform management of contractual obligations.
- Acts as the focal point of contact with the customer for all contractual matters and is a liaison with customers and internal departments for all matters affecting contracts.
- Attends internal and external program reviews to identify potential contract impacts or contract changes management requirements (e.g., change proposals, equitable adjustment requests, scope of work modifications).
- Supports and/or develops negotiation strategies for management’s approval.
- Administers contract change management and contract closeout activities.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a manager. Provides guidance to less experienced employees as needed.
- Ensures compliance with assigned company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
Contracts Administrator I
- Contracts Administrator I works with less complex contracts and agreements.
- Is primarily responsible for firm fixed price contract type, request for quote responses, and similar less complex contract transactions. Conducts negotiation and processing incoming awards or purchase orders.
- Reviews contracts and purchase orders for delivery and price information upon receipt from the customer.
- Proactively manages the contract approval process in accordance with company procedures. Provides order acknowledgements as required.
- Enters and maintains contract and purchase order details in the ERP system. Monitors, tracks, and updates delivery information as needed in the ERP system. Coordinates with customer when modifications are needed.
Contracts Administrator II
- Contracts Administrator II typically works with moderately complex contracts and agreements. Serves as official KUAS representative to the customer for routine transactions of moderate complexity.
- Reviews customer solicitations to identify customer needs, proposal instructions and evaluation criteria. Coordinates with leadership and proposal team.
- Is part of the proposal team to include proposal preparation, review of statement of work, terms and conditions, representations and certifications, and cost estimates. Recommends solutions or alternate proposals to minimize risk and participates as a key resource on capture teams.
- Leads and/or supports negotiation team. Negotiates to obtain an acceptable business agreement that achieves the company objective. Ensures review and approval of negotiated contracts with appropriate management. Provides all required information that supports the company's negotiation position. Prepares documentation to confirm negotiation settlement.
- Along with review of the provided terms and conditions, assures proper contractual flow down clauses from prime or sub-tier contracts are incorporated in supplier and subcontractor flow downs.
- Supports internal organizations in the development of major subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with commercial, government and international contract rules and regulations.
- Responsible for developing solutions to problems, partnering with Program Team and ensuring proper flow down and compliance with all contract terms and conditions to ensure execution is consistent with organization objectives and policies.
- Responsible for subcontract administration, as well as review and execution of business agreements including non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
- Possesses knowledge of International contracting regulations, including ITAR and export licensing requirements and procedures.
- Provides briefings to management and customers.
Contracts Administrator III
- Contracts Administrator III works with highly complex contracts, agreements and tasks.
- Serves as subject matter expert and member of program management teams. Provides guidance to management on contractual issues and policies. Briefs management on contract performance and compliance.
- Participates in and/or conducts front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits. Provides contracting expertise to develop highly complex, creative business solutions in support of product development and new and follow-on business.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced employees and other program personnel.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Working knowledge of Domestic and/or International contracting regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Basic knowledge of export and import licensing requirements and procedures, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and related Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with external customer and business partners when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be capable of working independently on complex tasks.
- Ability to maintain an organized filing/recordkeeping system for all records and correspondence.
- May be required to work extended hours or adjusted work schedules to accommodate meetings based on customer work hours or to complete tasks in support of time sensitive projects.
- May be required to travel domestically/internationally in support of proposals efforts, negotiations, customer meetings, and other contract administration requirements.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Contracts Administrator I
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus one year of experience, or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
Contracts Administrator II
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus 6 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and contract administration experience.
Contracts Administrator III
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus 9 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and contract administration experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds