DRG Professional Services is seeking an experienced Controller for our partner in the Sacramento / Roseville, CA area. This role would support a sophisticated engineering, manufacturing and system integration organization who designs and delivers advanced defense, and security solutions for United States National Security platforms and programs.
This is an outstanding, direct hire, leadership opportunity offering a competitive salary, relocation assistance and a full comprehensive package of benefits.
Overview: The Controller will keep records of the company in a sound, timely, accurate manner and maintains all required internal controls and documentation as required. This position is responsible for all general accounting, cost accounting, program financial analysis and related functions in the company. An exceptional level of ethics and independent judgment is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintains the accuracy of all financial records and SOX control procedures for the organization.
- Direct and oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting packages and analysis for 10-Q and Form 10-K reporting purposes for the above entities ensuring compliance in accordance with GAAP and including review of revenue recognition methodologies and practices;
- Develop and implement accounting policies and practices that meet the the company's Global Policy at a minimum.
- Analyze and evaluates all available financial data and controls, informs and assists Company Finance personnel and all fiscally responsible managers at the company in recognizing potential problem areas.
- Assist all fiscally responsible managers with the preparation of budgets and budget updates for their respective areas of responsibility, when required or requested.
- Assure the timeliness of all accounting, program financials and inventory control reports to management on a periodic basis as requested.
- Continuously strives to maintain state of the art knowledge of standard accounting practices, tax rules and regulations, and local industry trends as they affect the company.
- Assure compliance of all company policies for employees, customers and suppliers.
- Perform employee performance reviews with each employee reporting to Controller.
- Holds staff meetings to get suggestions, ensure open communications, and encourage employee growth.
- Maintain good working and reporting relationships with all financial Institutions, government agencies, customers, and the public at large.
- Anticipate (trouble-shoots) problems that may be encountered in the accounting, cost accounting and finance departments. Takes aggressive action to eliminate problems.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and coaching to lower level accounting and finance staff.
- Act as a liaison with independent auditors by actively managing the external audit relationship in a way that optimizes its value to the company;
- Review and maintains appropriate segregation of duties within the various departments.
- Reviews and ensures Key Spreadsheets are identified, locked and maintained as required per the policy.
- Ensures the Accounting ERP system is functioning appropriately and reviews and tests for any upgrades to the system.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Remain compliant per the requirements of the company's compliance program.
- Completes training timely and ensures employees in Finance department are also compliant.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and active CPA
- 10 or more years of experience in Accounting
- Prior experience in dealing with accounting audits, SOX audits and other compliance audits
- Must have prior experience with coordinating with multiple organizations to achieve desired results.
- Proficient in MS Office
- CINCOM or other ERP experience.
- Required to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires US Citizenship)
- Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- 0-25% travel may be required between the company's locations, internationally and/or domestically.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time