CT Technologist II
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number 1 ranked health system. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. Due to a brand new state-of-the-art medical tower opening, we have various Radiology openings, all of which are direct hire (not travel or contract) opportunities in the Edmond area.
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, produces specialized radiographs to aid the medical staff in the proper diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Operates a computed tomography (CT) scanner to produce cross-sectional radiographs of a patient’s body for diagnostic purposes.
- Informs patient of the procedure positions and immobilizes patient and set up any supportive devices necessary to obtain an adequate scan.
- Assists physician in administering the contrast media.
- Responsible for entering technical data into the computer; evaluates the radiographs and computer generated information to ensure technical quality.
- Serves as resource person for hospital and medical staff.
- Serves as a preceptor, or educational resource, for new employees, students and those seeking registry.
Education: Graduate from an accredited Radiology program
Experience: One (1) year experience in Computed Tomography Technology working independently or with limited supervision.
- Registration from the American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT) with Advanced Certification in CT.
- Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the techniques of diagnostic radiography.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of radiographic equipment.
- Ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to assess, treat and care for patients of varying ages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information in such a way that a patient can understand the procedure and what is expected of them.
- Computer skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.