Director of Nursing - Advanced Endoscopy
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked comprehensive academic hospital in the state, offering the widest range of medical and surgical services in the region. This locally owned, "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. We are seeking a master’s prepared, experienced leader to support the Advanced Endoscopy Department.
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, nurses and health providers work in a collaborative environment with the patient at the center. The Director of GI/Endoscopy oversees all Adult GI/Endoscopy Procedural areas on campus, both General and Advanced procedures that few, if any, other hospitals provide in the Primary Service Area or State. The position will be integral in Adult GI strategic planning and execution in addition to construction growth projects.
This is a direct hire, full time (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Sign on bonus ($10,000) and relocation package ($12,000)
- Benefits: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: Significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
Description: Under limited direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of assigned department.
- Responsible for the overall direction of the department and ensures that goals and objectives are met.
- Recommends, develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary goals.
- Establishes and monitors productivity and quality assurance targets.
- Works closely with senior management and other health care professionals to ensure quality patient care.
- Supervises staff and ensures training and professional development goals are met.
- Provides oversight to ensure continuing education and training to enhance staff skills and qualifications.
- Supports academic and clinical training affiliations to promote recruitment and career field opportunities.
- Develops and implements annual and long-term strategic plans and budgets (capital, operating, staffing).
- Prepares and submits business proposals/pro formas to improve the capability, efficiency and quality of the service-line.
- Prepares and reviews employee evaluations and personnel actions.
- Maintains service-line responsibility and approval authority for financial, operational and personnel transactions.
- Evaluates clinical information systems and recommends changes for improvement.
- Resolves patient complaints in a timely manner in accordance with policy.
- Develops and updates performance improvement tools.
- Reviews management reports and quality statistics.
- Resolves problems when issues arise.
- Makes decisions regarding the hiring and termination of employees.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, staff, and other supporting areas to achieve departmental goals.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Master’s level education required; without a BSN, Master’s level of education must be a MSN.Experience: Five(5) years senior level leadership experience. The ideal applicant will have leadership experience with a strong nursing background in an in patient environment (preferably endoscopy / GI) who offers the ability to develop teams, assess culture and performance improvement needs, collaborate with executives and medical directors, communicate vision, financial acumen, and expertise in change management and quality improvement.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current license from the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing principles and techniques related to Endoscopy Departments.
- Knowledge of local, state, national and other applicable guidelines, standards and/or requirements pertinent to the service-line.
- Demonstrated skill in developing, planning, implementing and directing technical, professional, and support activities in the clinical and non-clinical service settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill sufficient for organizing, developing, prioritizing and directing multiple departments, subordinate leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management, personnel management, inventories, performance improvement, statistical measures, and report preparation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in utilizing computer hardware and a diverse selection of clinical and non-clinical software and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with diverse project direction/management ability.
- Able to function effectively and initiate action with limited direction or resources.
- Able to facilitate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and customers.
- Able to identify deficiencies and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Able to multi-task and perform leadership and/or staff-level functions in a clinical and/or non-clinical setting as required to meet service or support demands.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law