Director of Nursing - Emergency Department
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. We are seeking a master’s prepared, experienced leader to support the Emergency Department.
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: Significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Description: Under general supervision, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination and control of activities concerned with the Emergency Department.
- Provides strong and effective communication, leadership, motivation, and professional development for managers and staff.
- Plans, develops, recommends, and implements policies, procedures and standards for Emergency Services.
- Participates in the organization of the nursing service to delineate authority and functional responsibility to provide for effective nursing care.
- Coordinates the activities of the department with other activities of the hospital.
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of personnel.
- Participates in continuing education, leadership development, and research programs.
- Reviews disciplinary actions of staff to ensure compliance with applicable rules and effective management practices.
- Utilizes established standards to evaluate nursing practice.
- Participates in community, professional and educational programs and activities to improve nursing practice and enhance professional relations.
- Ensures that department meets all appropriate accreditation and professional standards.
- Works collaboratively with the Emergency Department Medical Director to ensure high-quality, cost effective, and efficient patient care.
- Manages and directs the department’s administrative, clinical, and financial functions according to established procedures, policies, mission, philosophy and strategic initiatives of Hospital System.
- Assists in the short- and long- term planning for Emergency Services.
- Facilitates an atmosphere of participative management.
- Addresses complaints regarding Emergency Services through personal contact with patients, families, physicians, and employees for resolution.
- Actively promotes and maintains harmonious and efficient interdepartmental, community, and business relationships. Participates in community activities as appropriate. Facilitates effective and productive formal and informal lines of interdepartmental communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Master’s level education required; without a BSN, Master’s level of education must be a MSN.Experience: Five(5) years senior level leadership experience in a hospital setting. The ideal applicant will have leadership experience with a strong nursing background in an in patient environment (preferably Trauma, ER or ICU) who offers the ability to develop teams, assess culture and performance improvement needs, collaborate with executives and medical directors, communicate vision, financial acumen, and expertise in change management and quality improvement.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC) is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and techniques concerning Emergency Nursing.
- Knowledge of budget and personnel concepts, policies and procedures and of nursing management and administration.
- Skill in developing, planning and implementing effective nursing care practices and managing a comprehensive nursing department.
- Ability to coordinate activities of the nursing service with other departments.
- Ability to plan and conduct in-service training programs.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law