Director of Nursing - Neurosciences
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, you can work in countless specialty areas and practice settings - including the state’s only freestanding pediatric hospital, a community hospital, the state’s largest physician network with various clinic locations, NCI-designated cancer center and so much more. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- This is a full time, permanent opportunity (NOT Interm, Contract or Travel Position)
- Benefits: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: With the growth this hospital is experiencing, there is significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Description: Under limited direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of assigned Neuroscience Service Line which includes 23 Neuro ICU beds, 32 Med/Surg beds (12 stepdown and 20 med/surg) and 6 epilepsy monitoring beds
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of assigned department(s).
- Responsible for the overall direction of the department and ensures that goals and objectives are met.
- Recommends, develops and implements policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary goals.
- Prepares reports reflecting productivity and fiscal status.
- Works closely with senior management and other health care professionals to ensure quality patient care.
- Supervises staff and ensures training and professional development goals are met.
- Resolves patient complaints in a timely manner in accordance with policy.
- Develops and updates performance improvement tools.
- Serves as a resource to community agencies and organizations as applicable.
- Reviews management reports and quality statistics.
- Resolves problems when issues arise.
- Makes decisions regarding the hiring and termination of employees.
- Serves as a resource for physicians and staff.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Master’s level education required; without a BSN, Master’s level of education must be a MSNExperience:
- Five (5) years senior level leadership experience required, director level experience preferred.
- The ideal applicant will have leadership experience working in a neuroscience program including epilepsy monitoring who offers the ability to develop teams, assess culture and performance improvement needs, collaborate with executives and medical directors, communicate vision, financial acumen, and expertise in change management and quality improvement.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC). Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing principles and techniques related to assigned department(s).
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as ability to solve practical problems, maintain a budget, report writing and performance improvement tools.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for interaction with staff, patients and medical professionals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time.
- Skills in planning, coordinating and measuring departmental activities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law