Director of Nursing - PACU and Outpatient Surgery
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked comprehensive academic hospital in the state, offering the widest range of medical and surgical services in the region. This locally owned, "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. We are seeking a master’s prepared, experienced leader to support the PACU and Outpatient Surgery Service Line.
This is a direct hire, full time (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Sign on bonus ($10,000) and relocation bonus ($12,000)
- Benefits: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: Significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
Description: Under limited direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of assigned department.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of assigned department(s).
- Responsible for the overall direction of the department and ensures that goals and objectives are met.
- Recommends, develops and implements policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary goals.
- Prepares reports reflecting productivity and fiscal status.
- Works closely with senior management and other health care professionals to ensure quality patient care.
- Supervises staff and ensures training and professional development goals are met.
- Resolves patient complaints in a timely manner in accordance with policy.
- Develops and updates performance improvement tools.
- Serves as a resource to community agencies and organizations as applicable.
- Reviews management reports and quality statistics.
- Resolves problems when issues arise.
- Makes decisions regarding the hiring and termination of employees.
- Serves as a resource for physicians and staff.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Master’s level education required; without a BSN, Master’s level of education must be a MSN.Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in healthcare facility, including experience in a supervisory or senior management capacity
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current license from the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing principles and techniques related to assigned department(s).
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as ability to solve practical problems, maintain a budget, report writing and performance improvement tools.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for interaction with staff, patients and medical professionals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time.
- Skills in planning, coordinating and measuring departmental activities
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law