Director of Nursing - Transplant Program
- This is a full time, permanent opportunity (NOT Interm, Contract or Travel Position)
- Benefits: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
- Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
Description: Under limited direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of assigned Transplant Program; A vastly growing abdominal transplant program with a recently accredited Liver program, kidney, panc, and living donor kidney.
- Responsible for the comprehensive transplant program.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies, procedures and standards for transplant programs that support strategic growth and accomplish organizational goals.
- Develops and implements annual and long-term strategic plans and budgets.
- Responsible for preparing business proposals to improve the capability, efficiency and quality of services provided.
- Responsible for setting and meeting budgetary goals
- Resolves patient complaints in a timely manner in accordance with policy.
- Establishes and monitors productivity and quality assurance targets.
- Participates in the organization of the nursing service to delineate authority and functional responsibility to provide for effective nursing care.
- Coordinates the activities of the department with other activities of the hospital.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of personnel.
- Participates in continuing education, staff development and research programs.
- Provides orientation for management staff.
- Reviews personnel actions of staff to ensure compliance with applicable rules and effective management practices.
- Utilizes established standards to evaluate nursing practice.
- Actively contributes to the enforcement and achievement of all required accreditation, professional practices and/or regulatory standards.
- Participates in community, professional and educational programs and activities to improve nursing practice and enhance professional relations.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Master’s level education required; without a BSN, Master’s level of education must be a MSNExperience:
- Five (5) years senior level leadership experience required, director level experience preferred.
- Must have leadership experience specific to hospital transplant programs.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage all aspects of the transplant programs, including but not limited to financial analysis, strategic program development, marketing and physician relations.
- Skill in developing, planning, and implementing effective patient care practices and managing a multi-faceted department.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other departments and multiple physician groups.
- Knowledge of nursing principles and techniques related to assigned department(s).
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as ability to solve practical problems, maintain a budget, report writing and performance improvement tools.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for interaction with staff, patients and medical professionals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time.
- Skills in planning, coordinating and measuring departmental activities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law