Director of Nursing - Trauma Services
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This locally owned "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. We are seeking a master’s prepared, experienced leader to support the Trauma Service Line.
This is a full time, permanent (not travel, contract or interm) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Career Growth: Significant opportunity for advancing in your career. This Academic Teaching Hospital values education and upward mobility.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
Position Overview: The Director of Trauma Services under general supervision, will be responsible for the planning, direction, coordination
and control of activities concerned with Inpatient Trauma Services. This role will be heavily involved with surgical management specialties including; Trauma, Emergency, Neuro and Ortho, among others.
- Provides strong and effective communication, leadership, motivation, and professional development for managers and staff.
- Plans develops, recommends, and implements policies, procedures and standards for inpatient trauma care services.
- Participates in the organization of the nursing service to delineate authority and functional responsibility to provide effective nursing care.
- Coordinates the activities of the department with other activities of the hospital.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Facilitates communications between medical staff and ancillary departments.
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of personnel*
- Participates in continuing education, leadership development and research programs
- Reviews personnel actions of staff to ensure compliance with applicable rules and effective management practices
- Ensures that department meets all appropriate accreditation and professional standards.
- Works collaboratively with the Adult Trauma Medical Director to ensure high-quality, cost effective, and efficient patient care.
- Manages and directs the department’s administrative, clinical, and financial functions according to established procedures, policies, mission, philosophy and strategic initiatives.
- Assists in the short- and long- term planning for Trauma Services.
- Facilitates an atmosphere of participative management.
- Addresses complaints regarding Trauma Services through personal contact with patients, families, physicians, and employees for resolution.
- Actively promotes and maintains harmonious and efficient interdepartmental, community, and business relationships.
- Facilitates effective and productive formal and informal lines of interdepartmental communication.
E D U C A T I O N & C E R T I F I C A T I O N S :
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - BSN
- Master Degree - MBA, MHA, MSN or NPH
- Registered Nurse, RN
E X P E R I E N C E :
- Five (5) years of hospital Management leadership experience of a large institution Inpatient cost center (FTE > 75) OR Director of multiple large cost centers.
Ability to develop relationships with staff and physicians, assess culture and performance improvement needs, collaborate with executives and medical directors, communicate vision, financial acumen, and expertise in change management and quality improvement.
P R E F E R R E D E X P E R I E N C E :
- Level I or II Trauma Center Leadership Experience
- Clinical and Leadership experience in an Academic Medical Center
- Clinical and/or Leadership experience in Trauma, Emergency, Surgical Critical Care and/or Inpatient Orthopedic is preferred.
K N O W L E D G E , S K I L L S & A B I L I T I E S :
- Ability to manage all aspects of inpatient trauma care including, but not limited to, knowledge of the Standards of Nursing Practice, financial and personnel concepts, and policies and procedures.
- Skill in developing, planning, and implementing effective patient care practices and managing a multi-faceted department.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other departments and multiple physician groups.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law