Director of Pediatric Surgical Specialty
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number 1 ranked health system. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
We are seeking a Masters prepared leader to step into this director level role and provide leadership, vision and direction for two units; Peds Post-op Surgical and Peds Behavioral Health (40 beds) and the epilepsy monitoring unit and eating disorder program (16 beds). The ideal applicant will have pediatric leadership experience who offers the ability to develop teams, experienced with succession planning, shared governance, Magnet culture, and multidisciplinary teams.
Under limited direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of assigned department.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of assigned department.
- Responsible for the overall direction of the department and ensures that goals and objectives are met.
- Recommends, develops and implements policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary goals.
- Prepares reports reflecting productivity and fiscal status.
- Works closely with senior management and other health care professionals to ensure quality patient care.
- Supervises staff and ensures training and professional development goals are met.
- Resolves patient complaints in a timely manner in accordance with policy.
- Develops and updates performance improvement tools.
- Serves as a resource to community agencies and organizations as applicable.
- Reviews management reports and quality statistics.
- Resolves problems when issues arise.
- Makes decisions regarding the hiring and termination of employees.
- Serves as a resource for physicians and staff.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Master’s level education required; without a BSN, Master’s level of education must be a MSN
Experience: Three (3)- Five (5) years’ experience in a pediatric management or director role.
- Current license from the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing principles and techniques related to assigned department.
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as ability to solve practical problems, maintain a budget, report writing and performance improvement tools.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for interaction with staff, patients and medical professionals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time.
- Skills in planning, coordinating and measuring departmental activities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.