DRG is looking for a Distribution Representative for a manufacturing company here in Oklahoma City. This positive will provide freight forwarding expertise for a vertically integrated mining and inorganic chemical company. The successful candidate will be working with all regions, across six continents, handling imports and exports to the Americas. Duties entail, but not limited to, using a transportation management system, receiving notice of product allocation, securing bookings, monitoring movement and distributing documents that are 100% accurate.
- Bachelor's degree in business required
- 3+ years of experience in freight forwarding in a manufacturing environment
- Customs Brokers License required
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Experience in Transportation Management System
- SAP experience a plus
- Act as a liaison between customer service and management to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Complete assigned tasks and take on continuous improvement activities to support the Department.
- Accept and effectively cope with change; shift gears comfortably.
- Books export shipments with designated ocean carriers in a timely and a cost-effective manner
- Schedules dray carriers to load ocean containers in advance of port cuts
- Monitors daily pickups to ensure rail cuts are met
- Establishes positive relationships with ocean carriers, dray carriers, warehouse operators and internal groups (D&P, CS, Logistics)
- Handles rush air shipments on occasion
- Ensures export documentation is correct before sending out externally
- Tracks critical shipments to destination port
- Troubleshoots customer/agent questions and issues timely and provides a permanent solution to reoccurring problems
- Participates in ocean bid every year
- Maintains knowledge of US and foreign international shipments to ensure Government, customer and company requirements are met;
- Provide accurate booking confirmations within 24 hours after receipt of allocation notice
- Schedule dray carriers to load in advance of port cuts, working with the warehouse’s hours of operation
- Send correct documentation to customer service, agents, customers with zero mistakes
- Answer emails with complete information and provide solutions; follow up, even if no update
- Demonstrate sap knowledge and be proactive with the on-boarding of new system requirements
- Pull a monthly forecast of exports for the next month to prepare for high/low activity
- Work closely with the Latin America sales rep and all agents with a positive "can do" attitude
- Demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs
- Track order activity and alert appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems
- Possess a good understanding of incoterms
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of how to use SAP most effectively. Understand the impact and interaction on other systems and users within the company
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time