Involves a wide range of electrical engineering analysis and support to aircraft electrical and avionics components. Conducts fault diagnosis of aircraft electrical, electronic, instrument and radio systems, components and accessories. Analyzes issues in order to determine root cause and develop requirement changes to rectify the issue. Identifies, analyzes and solves aircraft part obsolescence issues. Responsible for reviewing and checking electrical drawings (i.e. Wiring Diagrams, Harness Assembly, Routing and Clipping) for modifications to military and commercial aircraft. Provide technical leadership and electrical troubleshooting on assigned programs. Serve as primary technical interface with external organizations and integrate the efforts of supporting functions. Responsible for providing electrical engineering guidance/counsel and communicate program information within the organization and supporting groups. Responsible for providing technical support and guidance to Associate Engineers, Field Service Representatives, and aircraft maintenance technicians.
- Conduct engineering analysis and support to aircraft electrical and avionics systems.
- Conduct fault diagnostics of aircraft electrical equipment.
- Identifying, analyzing, and solving obsolescence issues.
- Review detailed electrical design of aircraft equipment installations and alterations (antennas, avionics equipment, interior components).
- Prepare and/or check documentation as necessary to satisfy customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Work to quickly resolve electrical manufacturing and installation problems.
- Formulate, implement and track engineering programs to achieve overall goals, technical requirements, schedules, contracts, specifications or for problems encountered in design, development and installation.
- Monitor and report status versus requirements.
- Provide electrical engineering guidance/counsel and communicate program information within the organization and supporting groups.
- Perform additional duties as directed.
- Ten (10) years' experience in an aircraft engineering design and manufacturing.
- In-depth understanding of aircraft electrical engineering concepts to support aircraft integration activities.
- Must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
- The candidate must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Preference may be given to candidates with a Master's degree.
- Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Airworthiness certification processes for military and commercial (FAA) aircraft.
- Experience working in AS9100 and ISO 9001 environments.
- Electrical or Systems DER certificate.
- Ability to maintain strong customer communication skills is desired.