Embedded Software Engineer
This position will involve working independently with general oversight from the software lead to support the development of the multiple key software systems being developed including safety-critical embedded Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Command and Control systems. Individuals who are a good fit for this position will enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced, and multi-national environment and will be eager to innovate and optimize processes.
- Works independently and under minimal direction to assist with the development and deployment of both embedded aircraft and ground software systems
- Works with team members to define the overall software requirements and develop a robust software design including safety-critical and mission-critical functionality
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to design safe, efficient, testable, and verifiable software solutions
- Implements software designs by decomposing requirements and design into code
- Develops safety and mission critical software systems using SCADE and other model-based tools
- Employ the tenants of DO-178C to develop robust and safe software while utilizing Agile methodologies where practicable
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a positive and outside-the-box mindset
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a US Passport and US Secret Clearance
- Professional experience in an aerospace or high-assurance software development capacity developing software solutions for safety and/or mission critical systems and typical associated technologies such as Real-Time Operating Systems
- Familiar with all phases of software development: requirements, design, coding, and test
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact well with a diverse team
- Bachelors or Masters in software engineering or related field in an accredited course of study
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- ALM and requirements management experience (Polarion, IBM DOORS, etc)
- Agile tool experience (Confluence, Jira, etc)
- Model-Based Development including SysML (Cameo, SCADE Architect, etc)
- Multiple programming languages experience (C and Python preferred)
- SCADE Tool Suite experience (SCADE Suite, SCADE Display)
- CI/CD and version control system experience (Git, Gitlab, and LDRA)
- Experience developing software for certification in the aerospace or automotive industries in accordance with such standards such as DO-178B/C, MIL-HDBK-516C, and ISO 26262
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.