Enterprise Systems Architect
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research, and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond standard packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs, and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job-specific development.
- Sign-on Bonus/Relocation Package Eligibile
The Enterprise Systems Architect is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting various server-based systems and storage technologies and solutions for the hospital, remote clinics, and office buildings. This position will manage data collection, reporting, and trending for all critical systems components and services and will require collaboration with other technical resources in the hospital to assess and take authorized action on anticipated improvements. The Enterprise Systems Architect assists in diagnosing and resolving the most complex platform incidents and requests that require research and diagnosis and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of systems. Aligns systems with the business, builds solutions from an IT technical need and ensures the business, applications, and healthcare needs are aligned with those solutions. This position actively participates in strategic planning and 24x7 on-call support with other IT staff members.
- Provides subject matter knowledge, coordination, and communication for projects involving systems and storage solutions, including defining the scope and meeting deliverables.
- Ensures alignment and continuity between enterprise, business, and IT strategies.
- Creates business case proposals, analysis of technologies, financials, and proposed project plans.
- Creates RFPs and conducts reviews/assessments, makes vendor recommendations.
- Performs contract reviews and ensures risks are mitigated.
- Designs, implements, monitors, and supports hardware and software to support systems and storage infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to: monitoring servers, SAN, data protection (backup and archive), and distributed services/resources for failures and recommending corrective action.
- Participates in strategic planning; creation and maintenance of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manages data collection, reporting, and trending for critical systems and storage devices and components.
- Proactively addresses a change in business requirements by leveraging existing systems and storage investments and providing scalable options.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support based on IT staff rotation and carries a phone as warranted to assist with the most complex troubleshooting, coordination, escalation, and resolution of systems or storage-based incidents, equipment failures, etc...
- Leads the build of technology operational models and workflows for the business.
- Provides strategic contingency planning from a systems and storage perspective.
- Provides vendor management, service level definition, and service level management for vendors of systems and storage technologies and/or services.
- Coordinates and participates in regular business meetings and workshops with technical staff to ensure timely transfer of knowledge, which impacts systems and storage architecture and security policies.
- Participates in meetings, committees, and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance.
- Aids and trains users on the proper use of technology.
- Adheres to and supports the hospital's IT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality concerning all aspects of patient care and employee information.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related subject is required, and five (5) or more years of experience with complex server/storage technologies.
- The candidate should have managed multiple high-risk projects involving external vendors and multiple business areas in the health care information field.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred certifications - Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Google Professional Cloud Architect, TOGAF 9 Certification, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong technical competencies in the following:
- In-depth knowledge of supported operating systems, utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages and scripting, diagnostic techniques, applicable communications protocols, applicable hardware configurations
- Must have three (3) years of experience deploying technically complex infrastructure computing solutions across platforms and components.
- Experience with virtual technology, such as Citrix, VMWare ESX, and micro-partitions.
- Experience with OS environment running one or more databases including SQL, Oracle, DB2.
- Ability to work with DBAs and understand their requirements is necessary.
- Ability to guide and direct storage-related hardware and software activities, including server-related components (HBA, firmware, OS levels, maintenance levels, drivers, pathing software, and other host components.
Strong competencies in the following:
- Leadership skills to establish and maintain business relations with technical resources, customers, business partners, vendors, and other IT personnel
- Change Management - High tolerance for Change
- Political Judgment - Involves all relevant stakeholders in significant decisions; Strong facilitation skills; Utilizes approaches that foster ownership and minimize resistance.
- Hands-on Approach - Acts as a role model for other technical resources; maintains subject matter depth and breadth; knowledgeable of current issues.
- Makes decisions that are in the best interests of the business without succumbing to pressures
- Is available and accessible; Maintains a positive attitude
- Organization - Proactively prioritizes needs; Effectively manages resources
- Communication - Communicates complicated technical scenarios in common terms; Communicates clearly across a broad audience (oral and written communications)
- Customer Orientation - Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, builds trust, and is respected by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations
- Motivate and challenge technical resources
- Problem Management
- Project Management
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.