This position is a shared services position managing real property assets with multiple tenants operating in various locations, primarily Oklahoma City, but with occasional travel to Kansas and Texas. Successful candidates will be detail oriented and safety-conscious self-starters.
- Conducts and oversees building and grounds maintenance.
- Conducts and oversees custodial functions, and ensures the facilities are clean and maintained as needed and as directed by management.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Works with management to develop and oversee daily operations, security, and emergency preparedness procedures are in place and when needed, implemented properly.
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility upgrades and modifications.
- Creates and maintains a Facilities budget; Forecasts and allocates financial and physical resources for facilities management; Handles general accounting tasks, such as creating purchasing requests, and interfacing with accounting relative to approval for and payment of Facilities expenses and contractor invoices.
- Oversees and supervises the quality of work performed by contractors, and direct report employees, to see that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively; Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Manages, oversees and audits/reviews service contracts and warranty registration and repair needs.
- Observes for and communicates workplace safety issues to employees and management.
Preferred but not required:
- OSHA or other EHS experience or certifications
Facilities Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, colleagues and managers.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent critical thinking and decision making skills, and to seek and provide creative problem solving, and conflict resolution options.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, employee’s knowledge and experience, prescribed routines, and company policies.
- Availability to be on-call to handle after business hours facilities/safety-related issues, as needed.
- Experience and certifications in building trades, i.e., plumbing, HVAC, electrical
- Communication skills
- Technical engineering skills
- IT skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 -10 years in related positions
- Bachelor’s in facility management, business, information management, or engineering, a plus, but not required.
- Reports to: EVP of Safety
- Work Hours: 7:30a - 4:30p, on-call until 9p. After hours and weekend/holiday on-call on a rotational basis.
- Benefits: Industry comparable health/life benefits; PTO program; 401K
- Ability to successfully perform the essential job functions including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards, as applicable.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone, in person, sometimes in high energy, emergency situations.
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.