Financial Sales Representative (FSR)
Under the direction of the assigned manager, the Financial Sales Representative (FSR) must be able to deal with any customer, on any financial need, in a professional and knowledgeable manner. The incumbent contributes directly to the achievement of sales goals by recognizing opportunities to sell and cross-sell products/services. The incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of banking services, with emphasis on developing/maintaining a personal banking relationship with new and existing customers. The majority (60%) of the incumbent’s time is spent providing customers and potential customers with a clear understanding of the features and benefits of products and services offered at the bank. The FSR is responsible for processing routine transactions, selling all bank products and assisting with other service needs. The incumbent meets with customers to maximize sales opportunities through greeting and branch contacts.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Contribute to the achievement of branch sales goals through a consultative sales approach with new and existing customers following the sales process defined in the CFB Retail Sales Playbook.
- Recognize selling opportunities and effectively cross-sell bank products and services.
- Identify opportunities to sell consumer loans, accept consumer loan applications and facilitate loan closings. Must work effectively with centralized underwriting department.
- Refer qualified customers to specialized sales forces.
- Provide exceptional customer service by acknowledging every customer promptly, smiling and greeting each customer, introducing yourself, using eye contact, and thanking the customer. Acknowledge customer complaints and follow established complaint process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently, adjusting speed to traffic flow. If appropriate, maintain and balance cash drawer following the established guidelines.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services, including digital services and delivery options. Support customer usage of products and services that will provide the services they need in the manner most convenient for them. Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitors’ products, practices, facilities, and prices in order to effectively sell bank products.
- Participate in branch promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Cross-sell other services of the bank.
- Support and uphold the mission statement.
- Uphold the banks code of ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank's overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Current NMLS SAFE Act Registration -or- the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
- Sales experience, customer service, cash handling, bank or other financial service provider experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Teller and FSR training preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess product knowledge to successfully cross-sell Arvest bank products and make referrals
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department to department or bank to bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 52lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The associate must be able to travel occasionally by themselves within the U.S., including overnight, and via automobile and air.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.