Fixed Wing High Performance Pilot
Fixed wing pilot in high - performance, jet aircraft (e.g. T-38, WB-57).
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain highest level of skill, proficiency and knowledge to support NASA aviation requirements.
- Maintain all required currencies in each assigned aircraft.
- Ensure each flight is completed efficiently, safely and productively.
- Comply with all NASA and AOD aircraft procedural requirements.
- Effectively utilize Crew Resource Management procedures in multi-crew aircraft operations.
- Perform instructor duty as assigned and ensure information is accurate and effectively presented.
- Comply with safety and occupational health standards, rules, regulations and policies.
- Identify hazards & report unsafe acts and procedures.
- Support investigation and resolution of anomalies and mishaps as assigned.
- Participate in safety inspections and training.
- The Pilot may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to the company's goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Successful completion of a standard professional curriculum in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s degree is required. Major study in an appropriate field of engineering (not engineering technology), physical science, life science, or mathematics is desired. An advanced degree is also desired but not required
- Must have a minimum of 1,500 hours of pilot-in-command or first pilot flight time in high-performance, ejection seat equipped, jet aircraft time, which includes at least 500 hours of jet aircraft having at least 3,000 pounds of thrust per engine is required. These aircraft must be aerobatic and capable of at least 6 G’s.
- Formation experience required
- Experience as a flight instructor in high performance, ejection seat equipped, jet aircraft required.
- Flight test experience desired
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with an Instrument Rating required, Airline Transport Pilot Certificate desired
- Simultaneous qualifications in multiple aircraft desired
- Must be able to deploy, both domestically and internationally, for up to 45 continuous days
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
A fast paced multi-tasking customer service oriented environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. Adaptability regarding schedule and task changes is necessary to accommodate changing priorities. Overtime may be required.
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.