DRG Professional Services is seeking a Gulfstream Pilot for our partnering DoD contractor. This is a full-time opportunity with a leading company who provides a wide range of rapid response support to the Department of Defense, all US military services and Foreign Military Service (FMS) customers. These support services range from basic manufacturing to technically advanced modifications of aviation, ground, missile and naval weapon systems.
This position involves the piloting of aircraft used in research, development, and test programs; evaluating test parameters; performing flight and ground simulations of advanced missions and aircraft; and actively participating with project engineers and scientists responsible for the development, design, testing, evaluation, and reporting on new aircraft or aircraft systems.
Minimum eligibility requirements are based on possession of the appropriate Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) pilot certificates and/or appropriate military ratings, meeting the applicable flight hour requirements, and possession of the knowledge and skills required for the positions.
Resume must show flight experience in the following listed items below to show possession of the knowledge and skills required for the work by meeting certain minimum flight hour requirements in manned aircraft, including recency of flight experience as follows:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant aviation related experience in aircraft operations similar to the primary aircraft type operated, and a high level of familiarity with aircraft operations
- Gulfstream 5 Type Rating
- 500 hours as Gulfstream 5 Captain/PIC
- FAA ATP
- 2500 hours of Total Flight Time
- 1000 hours Pilot-In-Command
- 75 hours of Night Flying
- 100 hours Flying Time within the last 12 months
FLYING TIME IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS -- Up to one-half of the flight hours may be waived provided the individual's total background reflects the ability to perform the duties of the position safely.
Candidates establishing eligibility based on military flight experience must provide official orders, forms, or logbooks showing their status as a rated military pilot when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Life Science, or Mathematics required
- A current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Pilot Certificate with an airplane and instrument rating, or appropriate military rating which meets FAA competency requirements.
- Currently hold FCC Radio License, valid Divers license, and current Passport
- This position requires the incumbent have the following current License and/or Certification:
o NASA Pilot-in-Command (PIC), or
o Military Aircraft PIC, or
o FAA ATP (preferred).
- At the time of initial appointment, candidates for all pilot positions must possess a current first-class medical certificate in accordance with FAA regulations or NASA equivalent and have successfully completed a Class 1 Flight Physical.
- Successful completion of a security investigation will be required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance.
- Must be able to communicate utilizing the English language.
- Serves as a pilot or co-pilot aboard large two-engine jet, two engine business jet, and large four-engine turbo propeller transport aircraft flying a wide variety of missions frequently requiring extended domestic or overseas deployment.
- As aircraft commander, responsible for managing a crew of 3-5 people as well as supporting passengers for mission support operations, and engineers and scientists for airborne science operations.
- Serves as a project team member providing engineering and operational expertise for periodic test and research flight programs to include aircraft upgrades/modifications and airborne science missions.
- Complies with safety and occupational health standards, rules, regulations and policies; and identifies hazards and reports unsafe acts and procedures.
- Provides in-flight support for emergency aircraft, managing flight schedule, and monitoring status of aircraft off-station.
- Communicates effectively with other project pilots and Aircraft Operations Division managers to effectively utilize aircrews and aircraft and to maximize mission accomplishment
- Plans aircraft deployments and coordinates travel requirements for all travelers. Ensures deploying aircrews have requisite training and documentation.
- The Pilot may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to our goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
Job Status: Full Time