Internal Audit & Compliance Lead
DRG Professional Services is seeking an Internal Audit & Compliance Lead in the Sacramento / Roseville, California area for our partner, which is a leading provider of Advanced Engineering, Security and Surveillance, IT Services and War Fighter Solutions for the federal government and their allies.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Internal Audit & Compliance Lead will be the primary interface on all audits, to include DCAA, External and Internal audits. The individual will demonstrate knowledge of appropriate DCAA, FAR, CAS, and GAAP rules and regulations, SOX controls and all other internal controls to ensure we comply with Corporate wide accounting policies and procedures. Internal Audit & Compliance Lead will apply analytical concepts based on fact and circumstance, and communicate information effectively across the finance organization to ensure we remain compliant in all financial matters.
Individual will handle administration of all ASC 606 Revenue Recognition compliance as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interface with all audit groups - DCMA/DCAA, External and Internal Auditors
- Ensures we are in compliance with government regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards and following GAAP by ensuring all processes and controls are designed appropriately and key individuals are properly trained.
- Coordinates and prepares all audit responses on behalf of the company
- Coordinates and reviews all Revenue Recognition documentation on behalf of the company
- Manage the support of all financial audit requirements across the company by interfacing with various other personnel to ensure that we remain compliant in all aspects.
- Provides technical GAAP, DFAR, CAS guidance to team members.
- Responsible for ensuring SOX narratives are updated/maintained.
- Provides SOX guidance to key team members.
- Assists in various ad-hoc projects and analysis as requested to support business decisions
- Assists with reviewing the Financial Reporting Package and other tasks within the month end closing process
- Develops, trains and implements accounting and government compliance policies and procedures when required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong multitasker required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates sounds judgement and high ethical standards required
- Strong Leadership skills
- Self-motivated/proactive and positive attitude required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in finance, accounting or related field
- CPA preferred not required
- Prior experience in dealing with accounting audits, DFAR audits, SOX audits and other compliance audits
- Must have prior experience with coordinating with multiple organizations to achieve desired results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time