Interventional Radiology Technologist - VIR Lab
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number 1 ranked health system. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. Due to a brand new state-of-the-art medical tower opening, we have various Interventional Radiology openings, all of which are direct hire (not travel or contract assignments) in the Oklahoma City Metro area.
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
- Various Shift Openings: 8, 10 & 12 hour shifts available. Some on call hours.
- Base pay ranges from $24.00 - $30.00 per hour (+shift diffs) DOE.
- Department: VIR/Imaging
- Under direction, plans, organizes and directs all technical aspects including equipment and related personnel of the Vascular Interventional department. Directs all Clinical/Technical aspects of patient care including proper use of equipment required for care of the patient, orientation and education of personnel, quality improvement, and education along with infection prevention.
Performs digital angiographic imaging and other exams of select nature in interventional room; positions patients and provides immobilization preparation and patient counseling as required. Scrubs or circulates during procedures as required and assists physicians with catheter placement, instrument passage, instrument use and imaging agent administration. Reviews orders, prepares schedules and consults with attending Radiologists and Registered Nurses. Prepares floor stock medications. Maintains daily records of exams performed.
Follows all National Patient Safety Goals. Receives and double identifies patients using appropriate criteria prior to performing the study ordered. Ensures accuracy of information and data entry, while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality. Prepares sterile fields, imaging agents, trays and instruments; ensures sterility of surgical packs, trays and disposables to be used in assigned area. Maintains appropriate and adequate supplies during the procedures.
Selects technical factors appropriate to particular procedure being performed; ensures accuracy of patient identification information on all recorded images. Captures required documentation in Radiology Information System (RIS.) Prepares, loads, programs and operates the contrast injector. Assists with screening patients for contraindications.
Assists radiologist during procedures; maneuvering mechanical equipment around the patient. Operates and understands all features and performance capabilities of the digital imaging system.
Post processes digital images as required (3D, subtraction, un-subtracted, etc.) Prepares images for Radiologist interpretation, and transmits images to the Diagnostic Imaging PACS system.
Maintains working knowledge of all department equipment and devices. Reports equipment malfunctions appropriately.
Assumes responsibilities for the needs of patient during procedure. Provides service-oriented communication with patient; explaining procedure; answering questions. Emphasizes a personalized, individualized, compassionate patient care atmosphere at all times. Dismisses patients for transport and/or assists with patient transport at end of procedure.
Provides instructions on appropriate safety measures to patients, family members, and hospital staff as required; ensures appropriate safety precautions are followed. Applies appropriate measures (ALARA Principles) for minimizing radiation exposure. Captures and records radiation dose delivered during the procedure.
Functions as part of resuscitation team during Code Blue and/or Rapid Response Team situations.
Maintains all materials needed and linen supply on daily basis; maintains general order and cleanliness of room assigned. Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods. Ensure the department is abiding by the governing bodies (Department of health, ACR, ARIN, AVIR, ARRT, ASRT, AORN, SIR, ANA).
Education: Graduate from an accredited Radiology program - ARRT Registry
Experience: One (1) year of experience required.
- ARRT Certification - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- BLS & ACLS Certification required upon hire.
- VI - Vascular Interventional Radiology Registration must be obtained within two (2) years of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of VIR procedures and sterile technique.
- Knowledge of radiation effects and safety measures.
- Knowledge of Radiology and the applications along with some nursing standards.
- Knowledge of prescribed safety standards as outlined by the Council of Radiation Protection and Monitoring.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Skill in supervisory / managerial methods.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other medical staff, peers and subordinates.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.