IT Systems Administrator - Contract
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This is a 12 - 18 month contract position with a growing locally owned "Not For Profit" hospital.
Description: The system administrator implements, monitors, and supports servers and storage environments for all centralized division and/or facility equipment, and provides operational application support, including image archive and disaster recovery. The system administrator provides server and desktop technology support, including operating system maintenance, application maintenance and ensures division and facility-based systems adhere to IT&S security, user access and configuration policies. The system administrator also monitors and diagnoses server and storage devices, provides support for incidents which cannot be resolved by the service desk or technical analysts, and coordinates installation of new equipment for facility projects.
- Installs and supports server and desktop technologies (including operating system maintenance, application maintenance, image archive, disaster recovery) Provides operational applications support.
- Provides support services to monitor, backup, and diagnose servers and storage equipment; recommends corrective action to failing server and desktop equipment.
- Provides On-call support (24x7) to assist with troubleshooting, escalation, or recovery of failing equipment Supports and coordinates installation of server and desktop technology for new projects. Participates, as needed, in technical implementation projects.
- Develops and maintains procedures for equipment installation and configuration support.
- Creates and maintains documentation for equipment installation and configuration support.
- Coordinates sharing of best practices and policies and procedures.
- Participates in activities which improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Interfaces directly with a wide variety of end users and technical counterparts in other division, facility, and corporate roles.
- Trains Technical Analysts and Sr Technical Analysts.
- Adheres to and supports IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or healthcare related field preferred
- Healthcare / Hospital experience required.
- 2 or more years of experience in a technical role directly supporting desktop or application servers in an IT environment required.
- None required.
- Advanced training and/or certification in network and security standards, equipment and protocols is desired.
- Technical certifications - highly desirable: Cisco, Microsoft, advanced training in network and security standards, equipment, and protocols.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Active Directory, Group Policy, and their use for managing user and computer objects
- Requires a strong knowledge of supported server, application, network, security systems, virus protection, and hardware configurations.
- Demonstrated strength in statistical/analytical tools for system monitoring.
- Possesses superior analytical and design capabilities.
- Understands the business implications of technology decisions.
- Demonstrates a customer orientation; establishes and maintains customer relationships.
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law