IT Systems Functional Analyst
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
General Description: Under leadership of the IT Manager ERP/Ancillary Systems, this position is responsible for working with Operations and IT to determine workflows and systems capabilities to assure most effective outcomes possible. The IT Systems Functional Analyst assists the organization in optimizing their workflow processes through building and support of applications that are tailored to meet the organizations’ needs. The position will help support the host of IT systems and operations ranging from IT ancillary applications to supporting clinical and revenue cycle operations in conjunction with Epic and the Enterprise Resource Planning System for various functional areas.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Participates in all phases of the system development life cycle including development of use cases and evaluation of software solutions
- Develops, configures, and modifies moderately complex information systems.
- Defines, analyzes and implements solutions based on operation workflow needs.
- Documents business requirements and workflows reflecting current state and planned future
- Coordinates all testing phases of associated applications during implementations and upgrades.
- Regular interaction with business stakeholders from staff level employees to senior leaders.
- Works with other IT team functions to assure compatibility with current and future systems.
- Comprehends integration of ancillary applications and has high level understanding of their associated functionality.
- Works with manager, identifies system enhancements leading to increased operational effectiveness.
- Acts as good steward of IT department and enterprise at large resources.
- Works with operational departments assuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Works with manager to monitor, track and document system utilization and effectiveness.
- Takes part in pre and post implementation metrics gathering to assure system is delivering expected outcomes.
- Updates and communicates with appropriate operational departments on new functionality and updates.
- Develops project plans and requirements for new
- Works with the technical and security teams to assure that enterprise security requirements are met.
- Assists with the production of required reports.
- Assures the development of training materials for new applications and for on-going training.
- Working with standards defined by manager and operations, partners to assure system standards are met.
- Stays current on industry trends and projections.
- Troubleshoots application performance and technical issues and coordinates with appropriate IT and vendor staff to resolve problems.
- Assists in the performance of software testing and documents compliance with system and industry standards.
- Stays current with available software and recommends enhancements.
- Works with manager to assure changes are documented and vetted thru appropriate change board as required.
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: 2 or more years of experience working in IT industry required. 4 or more years of related experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. IT experience in a healthcare environment required.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: None
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and information systems.
- Ability to extract and analyze data.
- Ability to solve complex problems and understand customer needs.
- Knowledge of processional theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work.
- Experience with Windows network environments.
- Basic understanding of healthcare workflows and terminology is a plus
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.