Lab Information Systems Specialist
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked health complex system and Level 1 Trauma Center & Academic Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. With the recent opening of a brand new state-of-the-art bed tower, the hospital is expanding its Pathology Laboratory team to meet the needs of the community. This is a full time, direct hire (Not travel or contract) opportunity.Description: Locally owned and operated, with more than 100 years of history and a firm focus on the future. Here, you will address the most complex cases with highly advanced care and the latest technology. You can participate in research and pioneering procedures that no other organization in the state offers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Level 1 Trauma Center Transfusion Services
- State-of-the-art Laboratory
- The Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Association of Blood Banks and the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunology
Under general direction supports Laboratory services through research, development and management of lab interface and/or databases.
- Completes monthly compliance audits
- Maintains lab charge master
- Maintains client database
- Assists in the install of new lab equipment interfaces
- Maintains accurate records of database changes
- Assists laboratory staff in analyzing and releasing test data
- Provides timely notification to Patient Accounting of errors
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science, medical technology or computer science
- Two years of experience as a medical technologist or previous experience with managing lab interfaces and databases
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Knowledge of computers in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to prioritize projects and work efficiently.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to work effectively with others to provide quality patient care.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.