Lab Scientist - Blood Bank
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked health complex system and Level 1 Trauma Center & Academic Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. With the recent opening of a brand new state-of-the-art bed tower, the hospital is expanding its Blood Bank Laboratory team to meet the needs of the community. This is a full time, direct hire (Not travel or contract) opportunity that offers significant opportunity with career advancement.Description: Locally owned and operated, with more than 100 years of history and a firm focus on the future. Here, you will address the most complex cases with highly advanced care and the latest technology. You can participate in research and pioneering procedures that no other organization in the state offers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Level 1 Trauma Center Transfusion Services
- State-of-the-art Laboratory
- The Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Association of Blood Banks and the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunology
Under general supervision performs routine standardized clinical diagnostic tests in a Blood Bank/Transfusion Services department.
- Performs patient testing in a prompt and reliable manner according to established hospital and departmental policies.
- Takes appropriate action in response to critical values or unusual or unexpected results, and documents action taken.
- Assists with validating new methodologies and procedural protocols.
- Responsible for performing equipment maintenance, quality control and/or calibration of Blood Bank equipment and properly documenting actions taken based on approved schedule.
- Follows established company and department policies and procedures. Follows the guidelines for safety, environmental, and infection control.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and supports the hospital in meeting JCAHO and CAP accreditation standards.
- Graduate of MLT/MT/CLS program
- National certification as an MT/MLT or CLS by a recognized organization (ASCP or AMT).
- 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of transfusion medicine (blood bank) and related laboratory specialties.
- Skill in performing clinical laboratory work independently.
- Ability to organize, analyze and evaluate tests in terms of laboratory controls and methods and in replicating analysis.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.