Landfill Manager (Waste Ponds Leader)
DRG Professional Services is currently working the world's leading producers of titanium dioxide pigment, zircon, high-grade titanium feedstock materials, and other minerals and they are looking for a Waste Ponds Leader to join the company's pigment plant in Hamilton, MS. This position will be responsible for managing and supervising the Waste Pond and landfill areas at the plant. This also includes the day-to-day monitoring of several large multi-million dollar contracts, providing direction to the contractor, aiming to achieve and improve on budgeted production in the safest and most cost-effective manner possible.
This role with suit someone who is self-motivated, able to work independently and that has the initiative to challenge the status-quo. They are seeking someone who is driven to generate improvement for all stakeholders.
- Daily management of Pond area conditions.
- Manage water levels and conditions.
- Ensure landfill operation and filling are efficient and according to plan.
Waste Ponds Contract Supervision:
- Review Production and Quality delivered by contractor.
- Inspect contractor activities.
- Review Daily, Weekly, and Monthly production detractors.
- Ensure maintenance aligns with plant resources and needs.
Environmental Sampling and Monitoring:
- Monitor pond physical properties and maintain within specifications.
- Maintain outfall system to ensure proper operation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 10 plus years' experience in operating large earth moving equipment
- Supervisory experience managing multiple earth moving vehicles
- Good interpersonal skills
- Leadership competencies
- Previous experience managing earth moving and/or civil contracts
- Relevant certifications in mining, civil, or business disciplines
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience in Chemical Manufacturing or operations environment
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time