Lead Lab Scientist - Flow Cytometry
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's number one ranked health complex system and Level 1 Trauma Center & Academic Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. With a brand new state-of-the-art bed tower opening this year, the hospital is expanding its Pathology Laboratory team.
- Level 1 Trauma Center Transfusion Services
- State-of-the-art Laboratory
- The Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American Association of Blood Banks and the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunology
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, performs routine standardized clinical diagnostic tests in a medical laboratory.
- Has primary responsibility for a major function within their section.
- Oversees the activities of personnel in the section related to the function managed. In addition, performs all testing within the section as needed.
- Sets up new methodologies, develops procedural protocols, writes procedures and trains laboratory personnel.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and supports the laboratory in meeting all regulatory accreditation standards.
- Reports to supervisor or manager for the section.
- Special Requirement: Some positions may require approval in accordance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) guidelines for unescorted access to radioactive materials.
- Graduate of Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Associate’s degree program
- Bachelor’s program in Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS/MT/CLS), or other related Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Certified as a MT (ASCP), MLT (ASCP) or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Flow Cytometry experience required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical technology, theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Skill in performing laboratory testing.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures.
- Ability to work under stress and function in emergency situations.
- Good communication skills, computer knowledge, and the ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.