Licensed Mental Health Professional
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
As a Mental Health professional, you will support the hospitals inpatient behavioral health program developed to meet the unique needs of mature adults. This geriatric psychiatry program addresses and seeks to relieve the suffering that occurs due to changes in emotional, mental and behavioral wellness.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
- Hours: Friday - Tuesday; 8:00a - 4:30p
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs social service functions to include assisting clients in meeting their bio-psycho-social needs while enabling them to access through therapeutic treatment skills to achieve their optimal level of emotional health, including providing basic consultation, teaching, and specialized clinical social services for patients/families receiving care.
- The clinical social services provided include: crisis intervention, individual therapy, short-term family therapy, group therapy and discharge planning. The LMHP serves as an integral member of the treatment team and is also responsible for case management of patient’s internal/ external support systems.
- Provides social services to patients and their families.
- Identifies Treatment Plan impairments based on assessment findings.
- Provides age appropriate (Geriatric) clinical interventions (individual, family, group therapy) using principles and practices as determined by assessment.
- Attends patient treatment team meetings for assigned caseload.
- Completes proper documentation in Meditech following each treatment intervention.
- Provides case management of caseload and communication with all sources to ensure quality of care. Initiates milieu structure within the program.
- Assists in developing age appropriate interventions and special programs for specialized patient population.
- Conducts intake interviews of patients and/or family members to gather needed information.
- Makes psychosocial and diagnostic assessments and relates findings to necessary hospital staff. Counsels patients and other persons regarding diseases, treatments, social or financial situations, emotional stress and/or other problems.
- Acts as a liaison between patients/families and the hospital staff and other agencies.
- Utilizes available information to evaluate the effectiveness of services provided in producing the desired outcomes and makes adjustments in patient care are indicated.
- Assists in discharge planning and referrals to the community for ongoing services.
- Initiates the Emergency Order of Detention process as directed by the physician and attends the EOD hearings as required.
- Assists the patient and family with post hospital placement or transfer to post-acute care facility
- Attends and participates in treatment team meetings as needed/required.
- Coordinates with other Interdisciplinary Treatment Team members to establish and achieve long/short-term treatment goals.
- Documents Interdisciplinary Master Treatment Plan and Updates.
- Monitors geriatric-psychiatric patients for evidence of agitation or aggression and report findings to charge/responsible nurse.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
Experience: One (1) year experience
- Current License from the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- Obtain NCI certification within the first 90 days of employment in this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in mental health and skill in dealing with geriatric population.
- Knowledge of individual, family and group therapy techniques, crisis intervention procedures, clinical assessment skills, therapeutic planning and techniques, principles and practices of social and psychological casework, and social and welfare resources available in the community and hospital.
- Knowledge of current social and economic conditions, trends and problems.
- Analytical skills sufficiently strong to interpret situations and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to explain technical data in a form understandable by patients, families and hospital staff.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.