Maintenance Team Lead
The Maintenance Team Lead oversees the execution of aircraft maintenance on the program in an effective and safe manner acceptable to the Government.
- Reports to Production Manager. Provides day-to-day direction, instruction, supervision, and guidance to a diverse team to accomplish tasks with competing schedules to meet critical mission requirements.
- Must recognize and capitalize on the team’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops strategies to reach team and organization goals and consensus while developing strong team morale by encouraging employees, helping them to develop professionally and achieve individual goals and objectives.
- Assist team members in troubleshooting techniques and promote process improvement.
- Must have excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide-variety of cross-disciplines and to provide up-to-date technical information.
- Support deployed aircrews as required.
- Work with aircrews and AOD Maintenance to handle aircraft problems away from Ellington.
- Properly communicate to the PM, NASA Maintenance Control Manager, Production Manager and Maintenance Controller.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are reported in a timely manner and inputted into NAMIS.
- Exhibit comprehensive understanding of aircraft maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Possess familiarity with aircraft maintenance procedures at an organizational level.
- Organize efforts to ensure 100% properly configured and reliable aircraft to perform required missions.
- Communicate with other government agencies whose activities are dependent upon the contract maintenance mission.
- The Maintenance Team Lead may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position has direct reports and supervises employees on daily tasks. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to the organization's goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Associates degree desired.
- FAA A&P Certificate Desired
- 5+ years of experience in aviation related technical areas and demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
A fast paced multi-tasking customer service oriented environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. Adaptability regarding schedule and task changes is necessary to accommodate changing priorities. Overtime may be required.
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.