Manager, Operational Finance
DRG is seeking a Manager of Operational Finance to support company operations by partnering with Accounting, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Technical Services and Operations to develop appropriate financial models for new contracts and proposals. This position is also responsible for supporting operations with the financial management of work order process, including but not limited to, converting quotes to open work orders, over site of labor efficiency, productivity, and labor utilization, financial forecasting, estimating, company budgets v. actuals, and required support with corporate metrics and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in the following:
- Accounting or Finance
- Government Contracting
- Various pricing structures - fixed fee, time and materials, variable productivity type (piece price, productivity based, etc.)
- DCAA audit functions, GAAP and CAS requirements
- Ability to question and solve complex pricing issues.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to manage using conceptual judgement and initiative in dealing with complex financial issues
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation, flexibility
- Demonstrated success in managing comprehensive financial analysis in support of proposal development or departmental budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to work with confidential data
- Ensure that the pricing strategy is fully compliant with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth in Negotiation Act (TINA), Service Contract Act (SCA) General Service Administration (GSA) and all financial policies/procedures
- Attend RFP working sessions, sales and solution design meetings and be an active participant in the pricing and competitive analysis discussions
- Review Request for Proposals (RFPs), analyze the requirements and develop a fully compliant proposal response
- Review of pricing models based on RFP submission requirements
- Analyze labor cost and indirect rates to develop hourly rate build up structures
- Develop multiple types of pricing scenarios based on RFP requirements or best company strategy; fixed price, time and material, variable productivity type (piece price, productivity based) etc.
- Develop other direct cost estimates to include travel, vendor costs, and material cost proposals
- Approve quotations and delegated approval authority to rapidly support customer service and enforce financial process controls to all departments
- Utilize various analysis techniques (historical actuals, trending, forecasting, parametric estimating, etc.) to verify cost realism and reasonableness of price proposals and internal cost estimates
- Ensure work is accurate and in accordance with company financial policy and procedures as well as US Government policies such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth In Negotiations Act (TINA), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) when applicable.
- Support Operations in submission of accurate and timely expense reports, time cards, purchase orders and other financial analysis and reporting obligations
- Support the Accounting department in the monthly review and reporting of departmental revenues, expenses, and program costs. Will report budget vs actuals analysis to Business Unit VP monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Analyze and process labor hour utilization
- Collect and analyze financial data required to assist in making educated economic decisions about the business unit
- Perform final review of all MRO and FBO work order and sales order costs; margin and variance analysis, inventory reconciliations, valuation and obsolescence reserve analysis, and commission calculations
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time