Mortgage Loan Underwriter 3
We have an immediate hire opportunity for Mortgage Loan Underwriters across the Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas markets . This is a fast-growing company in the banking industry that looks to continue to grow in 2021.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze risk and underwrite loan files which do not fit into the standard AUS (automated underwriting system).
- Review the appraisal report for credibility, valuation accuracy and regulatory and bank policy compliance, ensure that the appraisal contains sufficient information and analysis to support the institutions decision to engage in the transaction.
- Review and evaluate loan documentation to determine agency, investor and regulatory standard guidelines are met.
- Issue loan conditions and required documentation to meet agency and regulatory requirements.
- Rework files as necessary to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that each file complies with real estate regulatory requirements(RESPA,
TRID, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Lending, Reg B (ECOA), Reg C (HMDA), Flood Act, etc.) from origination to closing. Make additional requirements as necessary.
- Review and underwrite adverse action files. Prepare the loan file for second review by Adverse Action team.
- Assist loan production associates and/or processors with questions about various loan scenarios, documentation and guideline requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of current agencies, mortgage insurance companies and regulatory guidelines and underwriting practices by attending training classes provided by FNMA, FHA, VA, RD, HUD184, Freddie Mac and Jumbo Investors.
- Address post-closing issues with Lender Insuring or other government entity, agency and private entity review and Quality Control (QC).
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure
accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability
and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 4 years’ experience reviewing real estate loan application files and single family 1-4 unit
residential property appraisals required.
- 4 years’ production appraisal review experience required.
- 4 years’ experience underwriting mortgage real estate loans required.
- FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) approval required.
- VA approved Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) under the VA Lender Appraisal
Processing Program (LAPP) or HUD 184 designation required.
- Working knowledge of all real estate regulatory, including, but not limited to: RESPA,
TRID, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Lending, Reg B (ECOA), Reg C (HMDA), Flood Act and Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines required.
- Secondary market mortgage credit application review experience preferred.
- Secondary market mortgage production appraisal review experience preferred.
- Underwriting mortgage real estate loans for secondary market experience preferred.
- Knowledge of appraisal related software preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality,
presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality,
presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or
bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer key board in order to create reports,
schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DRG Professional Services partners with industry leaders nationwide to attract exceptional professionals from around the country. Always ensuring our focus is on guiding professionals toward the best possible career decisions, developing relationships over the long term and guaranteeing DRG Professional Services remains top of mind for leading recruitment.
DRG Professional Services is the commercial recruitment division of the Delaware Resource Group - a leading Native American owned defense contractor based in Oklahoma City. This division was formed with the vision of bringing DRG's excellence and experience in workforce solutions to commercial markets globally. Professional Services specializes in Professional Recruitment, Executive Search and customized Workforce Contract/Subcontract solutions; focusing talents and extensive network primarily in the Medical, Financial Services, Information Technology, Aerospace & Defense industries.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.