MRI Technologist -Pediatric Imaging
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. Due to the recent opening of a brand new state-of-the-art medical tower, we have various Imaging openings, all of which are permanent hire (not travel or contract) opportunities in the Oklahoma City area.
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, you can work in countless specialty areas and practice settings. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
- Hours: Wednesday - Saturday (Day Shift)
This position will provide compassionate patient care in a state-of-the-art facility. This hospital is equipped with the latest technology which includes a MRI twin-speed system that is one of only a few in the world.
- Under general supervision, provides radiographic services to assist physicians in the proper diagnosis and development of a treatment plan and produces specialized radiographs to aid the medical staff in the proper diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Operates magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment to produce cross-sectional photographs of patient’s body for diagnostic purposes
Applies the physics of MRI to assist the Radiologist in diagnosis
Informs patient of the procedure and ensures patient understands the importance of removing metal objects before activating the magnet
Positions and immobilizes patient
Sets up any supportive devices necessary to obtain precise positioning
Responsible for entering technical data into the computer
Evaluates images to ensure technical quality
Serves as resource person for hospital and medical staff
- Currently enrolled and graduation within 6 weeks of an accredited Radiological Technology program or ARMRIT program or graduate of an accredited Radiography program or ARMRIT program.
- MRI experience preferred.
- Registration from the American Registry of Radiological Technologist (ARRT) within 6 months of hire or certified through the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT); advanced certification in MR through ARRT or ARMRIT within nine (9) months of hire
- BLS (American Heart Association) upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and MRI physics.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate in a positive clear manner with staff, patients, physicians and other hospital employees.
- Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Ability to organize and analyze statistical data.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.