MRI Technologist - Pediatric Imaging
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's premier academic healthcare institution offering unsurpassed care, teaching, research and technology. This locally owned "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth. To support this growth, we are seeking registered MRI technologist with a passion for pediatric care!
At Oklahoma’s only comprehensive academic health system, you can work in countless specialty areas and practice settings. Recently named as one of 100 Great Hospitals in America for 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review, a national publication for healthcare decision-makers. Join a team with a mission of leading healthcare in patient care, education and research.
- Full time, direct hire opportunity (NOT travel or contract position).
- Hours: Wednesday - Saturday (Day Shift) 8am - 6pm OR 7am - 5pm
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign on bonus / relocation package eligibility
This position will provide compassionate patient care in a state-of-the-art facility. This hospital is equipped with the latest technology which includes a MRI twin-speed system that is one of only a few in the world. The hospital use both Siemens and GE scanners.
- Under general supervision, provides radiographic services to assist physicians in the proper diagnosis and development of a treatment plan and produces specialized radiographs to aid the medical staff in the proper diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Operates magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment to produce cross-sectional photographs of patient’s body for diagnostic purposes
- Applies the physics of MRI to assist the Radiologist in diagnosis
- Informs patient of the procedure and ensures patient understands the importance of removing metal objects before activating the magnet
- Positions and immobilizes patient
- Sets up any supportive devices necessary to obtain precise positioning
- Responsible for entering technical data into the computer
- Evaluates images to ensure technical quality
- Serves as resource person for hospital and medical staff
- Currently enrolled and graduation within 6 weeks of an accredited Radiological Technology program or ARMRIT program
- MRI experience preferred.
- Registration from the American Registry of Radiological Technologist (ARRT) within 6 months of hire or certified through the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT)
- Advanced certification in MR through ARRT or ARMRIT within nine (9) months of hire
- Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and MRI physics.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate in a positive clear manner with staff, patients, physicians and other hospital employees.
- Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Ability to organize and analyze statistical data.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.