Neurodiagnostic Technologist - EEG
- Level 1 Trauma Center and Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Leading Diagnostic Tools and Cutting Edge Technology
- Home to Oklahoma's only Level 4 Accredited Epilepsy Center, affording patients access to the highest level of neurological care in Oklahoma, including complex, intensive neurodiagnostic monitoring.
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
Position Description: As a Neurophysiology Technologist, you'll work alongside a team of nationally recognized physicians, having the opportunity to participate in academic research and the ability to cross train in areas such as neuroconduction studies,interaoperative monitoring (IOM) and other complex studies.
- Under direct supervision, assists in the performance of a variety of Neurophysiology procedures that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of nerve and brain disorders
Registered Neurophysiology Technologist II Responsibilities:
- The Neurophysiology Technologist II is responsible for performing competently two or more modalities of Neurophysiology studies, including but not limited to EEG, EMU, LTM, ECI, and pruning Studies
- Responsible for: patient preparation, education, maintaining Neurophysiology department, troubleshooting, and cleaning of equipment.
- Cognitive and psychomotor skills necessary to record and identify various Neurophysiology data, analyze study activity, making notations to indicate any disorder or artifact in various study settings
- Ensures an environment of patient safety, promotes evidence-based practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism
- Trains and performs as a preceptor for new hires and assists Physicians, Nurse practitioner, Manager, and technologists as needed.
- Responsible for setting, adjusting and operating equipment during procedure and for a procedure.
- Function in other areas within the Neurophysiology department as needed including but not limited to Epilepsy Monitoring Unit.
- Cares for all age groups, sets-up, prepares patients for Neurophysiology studies, completes post study paperwork used maintains patients files.
- Adheres to hospital / departmental guidelines and judgment during patient care, attends and participates in educational, departmental, and required meetings.
- High school graduate with some post-secondary college education, in science or health related area. Graduate of an accredited school of EEG Technology preferred
- Neurophyisology Technologist II Experience & Education Required:
- 2 years of experience in Neurophysiology/ Neurodiagnostics
- Competent in performing two or more Neurophysiology / Neurodiagnostics studies
- BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- Certified Neurodiagnostics Technologist.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide outstanding patient care.
- Some general knowledge of physiology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills that allow relaying of information in a clear, concise, and calm manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and physicians.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.