Physical Therapy Supervisor
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's largest, most complex health system and only level 1 trauma center. This is a direct hire (not travel or contract), leadership opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
This position provides the opportunity to express your passion and dedication for patient rehabilitation in a great working environment.
- Direct hire, full time leadership opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Day Shift
- Due to hospital growth and expansion; significant opportunity for upward advancement.
- The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
Position Description:Under general direction assists with planning of the department workload and with day to day supervision of Rehab
Services employees to provide quality, safe, evidenced based, cost effective, patient care.
- Assists the Manger with planning, direction and coordination of the day to day operations of the Rehab Services Department
- Assigns patients to Rehab Services personnel, taking into account the number of staff and their respective areas of expertise
- Provides immediate guidance to staff in handling difficult or non-routine situations
- Evaluates, documents and counsels staff regarding work performance
- Monitors productivity targets of the department
- Schedules staff and orients and trains new employees
- Provides input to the Manager and Director regarding updates to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Participates in development of equipment, supply and education needs for the department
- Responsible for scheduling staff to attend in-services, skills labs, Healthstream, and employee health
- Communicates regularly with Director and Managers
- May have extensive professional work experience in a specialized setting (i.e. outpatients, Hospital, pediatrics, inpatient trauma/critical care, wound care, etc. >4000 hours).
- Demonstrates continuing education/training in clinically related areas (i.e.musculoskeletal, spine, neurological, wound care, oncology, pediatrics, cardiopulmonary, women’s health, hand therapy, etc.), or certification (i.e. McKenzie Back Program, neurodevelopment treatment (NDT), wound care, ped-orthotist, pelvic floor/incontinence, lymph edema - MLD, hand therapy, APTA Board Certification, etc.), or clinical expertise (evidenced by published articles, chapters in professional publications, presenting papers/programs at state or national professional meetings,guest lecturing at PT/PTA academic programs, etc.) and/or supervises students.
Education: Baccalaureate Masters or Doctorate degree in Physical or Occupational Therapy or Masters Degree in Speech Language
Experience: Three (3) years relevant experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Oklahoma Speech Language Pathology license or licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Medical Examiners as a Physical or Occupational Therapist. BLS upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current, extensive knowledge in the assigned area of therapy.
- Skill in the supervision of staff and evaluation of staff performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other medical staff, peers and subordinates.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and inter-professional skills coupled with the ability to work effectively with others in a face-paced teaching environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. *
Job Status: Full Time