Process Improvement Engineer
Process Improvement Engineer
About the Role
DRG Professional Services has partnered with one of the world’s leading producers of titanium dioxide pigment, zircon, high-grade titanium feedstock materials, pig iron and other minerals.This role is located atour partner's Hamilton pigment plant, the company’s flagship operation and focus of a multi-million-dollar technical transformation project that will serve as the basis for updating all of the company's pigment operations. The ideal candidate will apply their talents, enthusiasm and expertise in developing strategic asset and reliability programs for the site including engineering policy, strategy, standards. As a leader within the local and global Technology and Improvement team, this role engages with some of the most influential minds and decision makers in the industry.
Everyone has different interests and goals, and a career path should adapt to your evolving ambitions. Through hard work, an ongoing commitment to success, and an attitude of collaboration and achievement, many of our employees have taken the opportunity to transfer departments, titles, responsibilities, and even locations during their time with us. After all, people do their best work when they are inspired and engaged. This role could be a launching pad for a vibrant career, filled with advancement - in Hamilton or one of our locations around the world.
Hamilton, MS - Pigment Plant
Position requires a degree in Chemical Engineering or related field. Pay Grade will be commensurate with relevant experience with a minimum of three (3) years engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing plant. A thorough knowledge of plant operations, equipment and processes is required. Ability to present ideas and good verbal and written communication skills and good human relations skills are required.
Technology & Improvement
Technology & Improvement Manager
Located in Northeast Mississippi the Hamilton facility is a short distance to the cities of Columbus, Amory, Aberdeen and West Point. Within an easy commute, you will find several world class attractions. For music lovers, there is the Beale Street historic district, Graceland and Nashville. Fantastic creole cuisine and music of New Orleans and the sparkling white beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are also just a short drive away. Hamilton is in the heart of Southeastern Conference Sports, a premier location for college sporting events.
Knowledge & Skills
Plant Operations, Equipment and Processes
Good Interpersonal Skills
Experience in Chemical Manufacturing or Operations Environment
Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Application and Understanding of Risk-based decision (PHA, LOPA, SIL)
Application of Business Intelligence Platforms, ERP (PowerBI, SAP)
Operational Change Management Experience
Analytical, facilitation and communication skills, self-driven, energetic and sustaining, critical thinking, performance driven and oriented, highly attentive to detail, adaptable/flexible to changing environment and work responsibility, perform under pressure, accurate and precise. Able to interact and communicate effectively with various levels of professionals from the shop floor to site leadership to executives, and with diverse cultures across the organization.
At this company, our employees are expected to apply an outward mindset, an approach we believe allows us to see beyond ourselves and be accountable for the whole. We work to provide safe, quality, low-cost tons of product for our customers and provide exceptional returns for our shareholders. We do this through applying the following values in all areas of our work:
- We have an uncompromising focus on operating safe, reliable and responsible facilities.
- We honor our responsibility to create value for our stakeholders.
- We treat others with respect, and act with personal and organizational integrity.
- We build our organization with talented people who make a positive difference and we invest in their success.
- We are adaptable, decisive and effective.
- We are trustworthy and reliable, and we build mutually rewarding relationships.
- We share accountability and have high expectations for ourselves and one another.
- We do the right work the right way in every aspect of our business.
- We celebrate the joy of working together to accomplish great things.
Job Responsibilities (Outputs)
- Contribute to the achievement of targets and strategic plans by participating in budgeting and planning processes, seeking cost efficiencies
- Plan, coordinate and undertake laboratory pilot scale and plant test work
- Implement and support process control strategies that optimize process performance and product consistency, and reduces plant process variability, to achieve minimum manual intervention
- Assist Projects team in refining process related scopes for Capital Expenditure requests.
- Provide design criteria for new plant equipment
- Establish appropriate operating process parameters.
- Initiate Design Change Approvals (DCA’s) to support plant process improvement in accordance with site Management of Change Process
- Lead varied project work from concept to commissioning in accordance with corporate Project Management procedures
- Advise and assist R&T personnel with process improvements
- Recognize requirements for, initiate and support Risk Leader through participation of Process Hazard Analyses (PHA)
- Participate in the development of the Technology Strategy and associated roadmaps related to area of expertise
- Provide technical support and back up to Operations
- Demonstrate skills of mentoring, displaying leadership qualities with less experienced process engineers & operations team.
- Willing to take on acting duties at a higher level.
- Solve technical operational problems and develops proposals to improve safety, quality, costs and the process in general
- Stay well informed of new developments in quality control and process engineering through educational institutions, professional societies, technical trade journals, texts, and periodicals.
- Supervise other Process Improvement Engineers (grade commensurate).
- Plan, coordinate and direct technical studies to improve equipment and process performance so that efficiency, plant capacity, costs and/or quality are enhanced
- Plan, coordinate, and execute process improvement initiatives assigned by the Process Improvement Leader
- Execute in-plant testing to drive continuous improvement and publishes relative technical reports with conclusions
- Communicate with the global Tronox community, including participation on Center of Excellence teams so that technical knowledge and practical experience are shared across the enterprise
- Identify new development opportunities to achieve process or product improvements that increase revenue and/or reduce cost
Job Status: Full Time