Program Financial Analyst - Active Clearance
**Active Secret Security Clearance Required**
DRG has partnered with a leading defense contractor and are looking for a Program Financial Analyst with an Active Security Clearance in the Roseville / Sacramento, California area. The Financial Analyst supports Program Management in coordinating and managing financial planning and control activities in accordance with the Company’s Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and contract requirements, including analysis of weekly and monthly actual costs incurred against budgeted, variance analysis, estimates to complete, and preparation of Management Review Packages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in the management and reconciliation of customer contracts for billings, revenue recognition, funding, and percentage complete.
- Supports the accounts receivable function to insure timely collection of outstanding billings.
- May assist in the support of audits of program billings.
- Assists in the preparation and entry of monthly cost of sales.
- Evaluates cost and schedule performance on assigned program/projects
- Supports other financial audits as required.
- Prepares ad hoc analyses.
- Establishes, monitors, and evaluates EVMS policies, methods, operating procedures and practices as well as organizational compliance and performance.
- Works with Program Management to develop revenue recognition methodology on contract items, forecasts, baselines, schedules, contract logs, baseline change requests, and variance analysis.
- Presents with analysis monthly program financial results.
- Participates in program reviews with internal staff and/or external customers.
- Coordinates and advises program management, functional managers, control account managers and executive management on EVMS principles.
- Works closely with IPTs and program team to provide financial support.
- Prepares and presents EVMS and financial reports and recommendations to management.
- Works with all departments to provide financial analysis and guidance on any and all new projects.
- Consults with Program and Cost Account Managers to develop variance analysis and corrective actions associated with earned value management reporting.
- Coordinates with Contracts, Program Management and finance to monitor contract value change, funding, and issues of work authorization.
- Improves program cost reporting (internal & external), budgeting, and cost collection processes and systems.
- Reconciles inconsistencies between cost reporting data and EVMS results.
- Provides budgetary and forecast inputs related to revenue and margin projections to corporate planning.
- Ensures integrity of data reported between all systems: CINCOM, COBRA, and budget systems.
- Maintains Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Develops justification, reviews, and approves monthly revenue recognition
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Basic understanding of financial functions associated Cost Reporting, Estimating, Cost Management, and Operating Plan/Forecast preparation.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of all contract types: CPFF, CPA/IF, FFP, FPI, T&M & IDIQ.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project.
- Active security clearance
- 5-7 years’ work experience with Financial Analysis, Earned Value Management Systems experience may be required depending on position.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with all financial functions including Cost Reporting, Estimating, Cost Management, and Operating Plan/Forecast preparation.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVMS), including CPR (formats1-5) and CFSR reporting may be required.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time