Purchasing Agent IV
DRG Professional Services is seeking a Purchasing Agent/Buyer IV for our partnering DoD contractor. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with a leading company who provides a wide range of rapid response support to the Department of Defense, all US military services and Foreign Military Service (FMS) customers. These support services range from basic manufacturing to technically advanced modifications of aviation, ground, missile and naval weapon systems.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Purchasing Agent is responsible for negotiating and executing the purchase of aircraft and aerospace parts, materials, equipment, tools, services, and supplies from vendors
- 10+ years of experience in aerospace procurement
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract
- Familiarity with FAR/DFARS, including NASA FAR Supplement
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Government purchasing experience
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Familiar with the concepts, practices, and procedures of Government procurement.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
- The Purchasing Agent may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to company goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time