Quality Coordinator II
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs, and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job-specific development.
- Sign-On Bonus/Relocation Package Available
Under general direction, provides evidence-based guidance and measurement for improving performance and growth of safe, effective, efficient, and compassionate healthcare.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Coordinates and participates in quality monitoring and improvement activities to support a culture of quality, evidence-based practice, optimal patient outcomes, patient safety, and compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
- Conducts quality reviews of medical and hospital performance on patient outcomes and quality indicators.
- Works with interdisciplinary performance improvement teams to achieve excellent patient outcomes and industry-leading success on publicly reported quality indicators.
- Prepares reports and presentations to educate and communicate information and results related to quality outcome measures, publicly reported quality data, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides technical and clinical support to assist hospital and medical staff in achieving continuous readiness on TJC and regulatory standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of nursing.
- Three (3) years in a clinical care position.
- Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC).
- Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association is required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical health care, evidence-based practice, healthcare research.
- Skill in planning and administering performance improvement activities and using performance improvement methodologies.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Strong skills in data measurement, analysis, and presentation.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.