Registered Nurse Manager (RN)- Surgical Services
DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's largest, most complex health system and only level 1 trauma center. This is a direct hire (not travel or contract), leadership opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This "Not For Profit" hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center is a small group of highly trained and deeply motivated individuals with great teamwork. They see a variety of cases and surgeries but with a consistent schedule. Their connection to a Level One Trauma Center and teaching facility, provides access to cutting edge research, equipment, and opportunities that other facilities do not have.
This position provides the opportunity to express your passion and dedication for surgery with a predicable schedule in a great working environment.
- Direct hire, full time leadership opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Day Shift; Monday - Friday, with no weekends, holidays or being on call.
- Due to hospital growth and expansion; significant opportunity for upward advancement.
- Salary: $70k - $90k BOE
- The hospital offers a industry leading benefit plan, along with additional benefits such as leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
Responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, efficient, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include but not limited to outpatients, in-patients, all operating room suites and surrounding areas, all support staff, surgery scheduling, nurse station, infection prevention, anesthesia, sterilization processes, x-ray and laser usage in the OR, safety of everyone entering the OR area during all shifts and overall assurance of education, communication and research. Assist with editing and development of policies and procedures for the Surgical Services Department on a regular basis.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Oversees processes and personnel of Surgical Service charge audits and surgery scheduling staff
- Coordinate the effective and efficient flow of operations by maintaining liaison with nursing staff, surgeons, anesthesia, PACU, supervisors, SPD, Infection Control, facilities, Biomed, Clinical Informatics, and other relevant department managers, supervisors and directors throughout the facility.
- Assist with preparation and oversight for call roster, assure proper staffing for call schedule is maintained at all times in accordance with Level I Trauma requirements. Sign off as approver for each roster.
- Ensure that incidents are logged, reported on and followed through in a timely manner.
- Check changes to staffing, operations and patient bed allocation and communicate accordingly.
- Facilitate the reporting of any maintenance or service of equipment and instrumentation as required.
- Assist OR Director with monthly statistical reports and possesses ability to verbalize cause of variances and takes action to correct and or maintain as needed.
- Functions as a resource for providing various statistics and reports for projects.
- Supports and contributes to Quality Improvement efforts.
- Conduct job interviews as required.
- Create an environment that facilitates effective communication across all disciplines to maintain optimal coordination and cooperation.
- Create and maintain an environment of safety and efficiency at all times.
- Create and maintain a work flow that embodies the need for urgency, professionalism, communication, education and positive support to all team members.
- Act as a role model in clinical practice, leadership, team building, change management, human and financial resource management.
- Serves as a resource to Surgical Service personnel in regard to nursing functions and information systems.
- Assist nursing staff in maintaining physician preference cards as necessary for operating rooms.
- Facilitate the maintenance of a safe clinical environment that is therapeutic for patients care and sensitive to other staff needs.
- Ensure and facilitate infection control guidelines and standards are adhered to and monitored.
- Identify needs of the patients in all facets of the Operating Suite Management.
- Ensure clinical competencies of staff are up to date. Discuss and initiate professional development as required, along with disciplinary action according to policy.
- Communicate regularly and in multiple formats with staff regarding processes, staffing, policy, procedure, education opportunities, general hospital events, etc.
- Ensures staff education needs are met by using appropriate teaching methods for training related to patient care documentation and use of information systems communicating all with Surgical Services Educator.
- Provides technical advice and direction to management and staff.
- Ability to give clear concise instructions.
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master’s level education preferred
- Experience: Minimum five (5) years’ experience as an RN in an acute care operating room setting
- Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current licensure from the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standards of patient care and required documentation.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in training others.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of relevant operating room software, processes and procedures.
- Ability to gather, organize and analyze information.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to provide exceptional service while working in a stressful environment.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. *