Registered Nurse - Pediatric Cardiac ICU (CVICU)
This is a full time, permanent (not travel or contract) opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital
- Career Advancement: Due to hospital growth and expansion, this position offers significant opportunity for advancing your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or moving into leadership positions.
- Industry Leading Benefit Plan: The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k) with match, medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages to include; Empower + Wellbeing programs, Childcare assistance, adoption assistance, financial support for continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and many others.
- Professional Growth: This hospital provides numerous ways to grow and learn. In addition to tuition reimbursement and continuing education, there are opportunities for professional growth through formal classroom training, online programs and blended learning experiences in leadership development and job specific development.
- Sign-on Bonus / Relocation Package eligible
About the Unit: The PICU is specially designed to meet the needs of children. All of the unit's physicians and nurses are pediatric specialists who are focused on providing developmentally appropriate care. A brand new 34 bed unit was added in 2019 which increased the total capacity to 46 beds, to include PICU, CVICU, and Step-Down.
Under general supervision, provides nursing care in a hospital to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients.
- Documents patient responses to nursing interventions and prescribed medical treatments; notes all changes in physician order on assigned patients.
- Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatment.
- Obtains and monitors physiological data of patients, observes the physiological manifestations of patients and intervenes when necessary.
- Administers medication as prescribed. Initiates, regulates and monitors intravenous infusions and blood products.
- Delivers patient care competently.
- Interacts with family and patient in sharing care plan while in the hospital and at time of discharge.
- Informs patient and family of hospital procedures.
- Makes referral regarding patient care needs to appropriate personnel.
- Delegates tasks to support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
- One (1) year of RN experience
- Current RN License issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing, or a current multistate compact RN License (eNLC).
- Current Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association required upon hire.
- PALS (American Heart Association) required within 1 year of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to cultural and language needs of patients and visitors.
- Some computer skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.